Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
Reset and Full Reset on exit
Posted by: Donald
Date: August 21, 2009 06:41PM

This feature that I’m requesting can be found on QtWeb a browser built-on Privacy and Portability, it can be found under Privacy when you start-up the browser. On QtWeb the feature Reset can reset minor things (like emptying the Cache, deleting cookies, fixing the toolbar, resetting the settings) and so on, but the main thing I like is Full Reset that can reset all minor things and also all major things (stuff that the browser creates after its installed) like registry files/entries, this makes the browser very portable. So the thing that I want is to be able to reset things like me messing with the toolbar but can’t fix it or messing with the setting and can’t remember how to fix it, and even better to be able to reset everything back to the way it was like it was never installed, to me this would make this browser very portable and that’s it for this request, thanks for noticing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reset and Full Reset on exit
Posted by: Donald
Date: August 21, 2009 06:41PM

Now, I know there’s something on this browser that allows you to clear Private Data but I need something that deletes registry files/entries, but I really need is something that fixes the toolbar, and resets the settings.

Posted by: guenter
Date: August 21, 2009 08:41PM

1.) Create "New Profile" exists (makes virgin install/profile from the same files used at first start/setup files!).

2.) Next You'd delete the old profile. // BTW. is one of the last resorts to repair.

A macro to automate the two steps does not exist.

p.s. Not often needed. Should not be included by default smiling smiley
- IMHO this feature might create a FAQ "how to undo"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2009 08:44PM by guenter.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: August 21, 2009 09:09PM

If you wish to be nearly but not exactly like new, you could create a new profile and put your changes in a macro. Each time I set up a new version of KM, I run the following macro just once. It sets a lot of things so I don't have to spend a bunch of time in EDIT - PREFERENCES.

Note. Don't run my version. You would get a KM that looks like mine. You have find the prefs that are different from the default in your system and put them into a macro.

KM_Setup_Prefs.kmm
###   KM_Setup_Prefs.kmm
###   Run once on new install to set some prefs
###
###
###
 _KM_Setup_Prefs_Run {
 $_KM_Setup_PrefsTitle = prompt( "Enter the KM version", "Set KM title", "K-Meleon" );
 setpref( STRING, "kmeleon.display.title", $_KM_Setup_PrefsTitle);
 setpref( BOOL, "accessibility.typeaheadfind", false) ;
 setpref( STRING, "browser.startup.homepage", "http://www.perigee.net/"winking smiley;
 setpref( BOOL, "browser.tabs.autoHide", true);
 setpref( INT, "font.minimum-size.x-western", 14);
 setpref( STRING, "font.name.fantasy.x-western", "Blackadder ITC");
 setpref( BOOL, "kmeleon.display.accelInMenus", false);
 setpref( BOOL, "kmeleon.display.backgroundImageEnabled", true);
 setpref( BOOL, "kmeleon.download.closeDownloadDialog", true);
 setpref( BOOL, "kmeleon.favicons.cached", false);
 setpref( BOOL, "kmeleon.favicons.show", false);
 setpref( BOOL, "kmeleon.flashblock", true);
 setpref( STRING, "kmeleon.general.skinsCurrent", "Klassic");
 setpref( STRING, "kmeleon.general.searchEngine", "http://search.yahoo.com/bin/search?p="winking smiley;
 setpref( STRING, "kmeleon.general.searchEngineName", "Yahoo! Search");
 setpref( BOOL, "kmeleon.plugins.favorites.load", true);
 setpref( STRING, "kmeleon.plugins.macros.hotlink0.url", "http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/"winking smiley;
 ## if a hotline is to open in a new tab then the following pref must also be set
 #setpref("kmeleon.plugins.macros.hotlink1.new", true);
 setpref( BOOL, "kmeleon.tabs.fixedBar", true);
 setpref( BOOL, "kmeleon.tabs.useLoadingIcon", false);
 setpref( BOOL, "kmeleon.tabs.useLoadingTitle", true);
 setpref( BOOL, "kmeleon.plugins.bookmarks.load", false);
 setpref( BOOL, "signon.rememberSignons", false);
 } 

_KM_Setup_Prefs_ModMenu { 
 setmenu("&Help",macro,"Set up Prefs",_KM_Setup_Prefs_Run,3) ;
 }

$OnInit=$OnInit."_KM_Setup_Prefs_ModMenu;";
$macroModules=$macroModules."KM_Setup_Prefs;";

Posted by: JamesD
Date: August 22, 2009 11:22AM

Maybe you could use this to take a snapshot of the registry before installing KM and then again when you want to see what registry entries have be made. http://sourceforge.net/projects/regshot/

Posted by: desga2
Date: August 22, 2009 04:10PM

Donald
Now, I know there’s something on this browser that allows you to clear Private Data but I need something that deletes registry files/entries, but I really need is something that fixes the toolbar, and resets the settings.

1) Tools -> Privacy -> Clear Data

2) Only K-Meleon setup created registry entries, if you like a portable with out installation you must download .7z (7zip) package without setup.
Also exist a KM portable tutorial.
But if you installed with setup and you like change settings you can change it in
Edit -> Preferences (F2) -> Browsing Options -> General tab, "Set As Default Browser..." button.

3) To fix toolbars; View -> Toolbars -> Lock Toolbars

4) To create a new profile; Edit -> Manage Profiles...
Defaul profile is in \K-Meleon\\defaults\profile
prefs.js file have default settings, If you don't like saved changes in your KM profile check prefs.js file in your profile like "Only Read" file.

K-Meleon in Spanish

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.