Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
favorites and bookmarks
Posted by: Noel
Date: August 04, 2009 01:55AM

i RELOADED MY COMPUTER AND WHEN i CAME HOME THE BOOKMARKS WERE COMPLETELY GONE! THE FAVORITES HAVE BEEN GONE A LONG TIME. i DELETED THE WHOLE K MELEON SINCE I COULD NOT FIND ANYTHING AND THOUGHT IT MIGHT BE SOME BUG. IT DIDN'T WORK AND THERE IS STILL NO PLACE FOR ME TO EVEN HAVE THE BOOKMARKS AND FAVORITES ANY LONGER. WHY DID THIS HAPPEN AND HOW CAN i GET MY BOOKMARKS AT LEAST BACK?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: favorites and bookmarks
Posted by: guenter
Date: August 04, 2009 11:51AM

You should have deleted Your OS instead!

After crash Your OS runs scandisk and that often results in loss of Profile information. Your system destroyed it during this fake improvement.

You will normally find that Your K-Meleon has started a new Profile and that Your old bookmarks.html and the bookmarks_backup.html (!) are still undamaged in the old profile.

I use K-Meleon since version 0.6.

Only one scandisk run resulted in a bookmarks.html actually in the data file that windows keeps in case that You want to recover by hand. I did not manually recover but used bookmarks_backup.html instead.

Why did You not just ask in General Forum how to recover K-Meleon profile data after a Windows crash? Else complain to MS about their OS smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2009 01:39PM by guenter.

Posted by: desga2
Date: August 04, 2009 11:57AM

Reloaded? As Matrix film trilogy smiling smiley
Are you talking about a laptop?

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: guenter
Date: August 04, 2009 01:40PM

Sounds like normal crash to me - empty battery and then... :mad:

Noel You may find the favorites when You activate the plugin for them.
It is off by default.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2009 01:45PM by guenter.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.