Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
Multiple, Sandboxed Instances
Posted by: johnywhy
Date: June 27, 2009 02:01AM

hi

i would really love to be able to open multiple instances of km, just by double-clicking the km shortcut.

this would enable me to be logged into 2 different accounts, on the same website, at the same time.

thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Multiple, Sandboxed Instances
Posted by: desga2
Date: June 27, 2009 09:30AM

Are you tried with File -> New Window or Ctrl+N?

If you really like a new instance with a different profile you can use the command line parameter -new.

In before versions to 1.5.2 you can do it with the same profile, but in 1.5.2 there is a bug to open first instance with -new try to load '-new' page.

In 1.5.3 you can open the first instance with -new and the second but with a different profile.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2009 09:31AM by desga2.

Date: July 01, 2009 04:08PM

thanks.

i did not mean separate km profiles--

i meant separate website accounts. for example, i have 2 gmail accounts, but i cannnot view both at the same time, unless i can open separate instances of km. CTRL-N (new window) does not work for that.

i'll try the '-new' switch.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2009 04:20PM by johnywhy.

Date: July 01, 2009 04:14PM

as you said, the -new switch opens a different profile than the one already in-use.
km says "the selected profile can't be loaded, it is already in-use", and then it displays the profile manager.

as a work-around, i can use this method to open a separate instance, but it would require creating more profiles, and then configure each of them with my preferred settings.

it would be much easier to be able to reuse the existing profile.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2009 04:17PM by johnywhy.

Posted by: desga2
Date: July 01, 2009 05:21PM

You can clone your profile, create a new profile and then (without K-Meleon running) copy the contains of your current KM profile folder (12345678.slt) in the new profile folder (abcdefgh.slt). You will have two differents profiles with same configuration.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: July 02, 2009 12:53PM

thanks, desga

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.