Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
History Management
Posted by: AirSpirit
Date: March 29, 2009 12:39PM

At present in history viewer we can only read history records without possibility to delete some of them (like in other browsers). It would be great if it will be possible to delete some records from history. The only option now is cleaning the whole history, which is not suit sometimes. Sorry for ugly English smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: History Management
Posted by: disrupted
Date: March 30, 2009 04:34PM

i'd like to see history in sidebar smiling smiley
i never knew that ff could actually delete some history entries but checked and it does that indeed.. i checked online for external history viewers but none can delete entries (nirsoft mozilla history viewer is a good one).. it's not easy i think for an external program because history is locked when the browser is in use.. i may be able to do something in autoitscript to extract the addresses and then rewrite history file upon removal of entry but it can only work when browser is closed.. so isn't really very practical.. so the best is to add it in history plugin itself as you request, plus the sidebar.

p.s. kmeleon speaks globish

horse: this woman's teeth are worse than mine

spooked horse: there's a UFO on that woman's head!

(just a few examples of ugly english)

Posted by: AirSpirit
Date: March 30, 2009 06:24PM

disrupted
i never knew that ff could actually delete some history entries but checked and it does that indeed..
Well, actually even IE can delete some history entries by your choice, and Opera (which is very popular in Russia), so thank you for adding such a neccesary cool feature smiling smiley

Date: March 30, 2009 07:08PM

i'm not a developer, i can only hope your request is heard by them smiling smiley

km devs:
dorian = main api and gre
kko = macro engine and translations
gunter = chrome and skins
jamesD = macros for the masses
desga = plugins and macros
alain(jujuland) = extensions
rapido = the skin man

and fred, hao, al and gorilla develop unofficial kmeleons and contribute to the km project.

Posted by: caktus
Date: March 30, 2009 09:12PM

disrupted
....just a few examples....

So, which of these Gal's are you sporting?grinning smiley

Charlie

~~If it ain't broke, why screw it up?~~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2009 09:12PM by caktus.

Date: March 30, 2009 11:40PM

caktus
So, which of these Gal's are you sporting?grinning smiley
grinning smiley

i say to hell to all of them!

since we're on history, i noticed something.. i was checking history for a link i forgot to bookmark and thought it'd be nice if history's context menu had such an option.. and then opened that other gecko browser and it did have that option.. it will be nice to add that with the sidebar ofcourse... the prusski team wants a sidebar too

Posted by: JamesD
Date: March 31, 2009 12:12AM

K-Meleon uses the Mork file structure to store history. I have found some programs which can read it but none that can write it.

http://www.forensicswiki.org/index.php?title=Mozilla_Firefox_3_History_File_Format
Starting in Firefox 3, a new file format is used to record browser history information. Rather than storing this information in a flat file using the mork file format, the information is kept in a SQLite database.

http://www.seamonkey-project.org/news
The SeaMonkey project is excited to announce SeaMonkey 2.0 Alpha 3 today, another huge leap towards the next generation of the integrated application suite.

In addition to the changes in previous alpha releases, this version features

* a reworked history database for storing more visited pages, which also allows for improved and smarter presentation of search results when typing in the location bar,

I wish we could get something more easy to use than Mork, but we have a small staff and many items already on the "to do" list.

Posted by: ndebord
Date: April 07, 2009 04:09AM

James,

I think that SM 2.xxx will no longer user "mork".

N

Posted by: mouse
Date: April 26, 2009 07:57AM

How about building on K-meleon's ability to store IE favorites, and make it able to store and use IE histories.

This would have two immediate advantages:
- IE users could try out K-meleon with less hassle, or use both browsers simulaneously, opening a wider market to K
- K-Meleon histories would instantly be indexable by all the major desktop serach engines

Just a thought. THis would certainloy position K-Meleon well as a faster more standards friendly more tailorable alternative to IE, with no or few barriers to transition. Maybe aslo help inroads into the corporate market.

Mouse

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2009 07:58AM by mouse.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.