Way to thrash Firefox's pants- oops I found the red button
Posted by: Leavingfif
Date: January 21, 2009 08:58AM

wel duh me lol - i found your red button top right hand corner to close tabs smiling smiley excellent !

================================================

I feel this is so important im trying to catch the ear of the K-Meleon dev team.

When I started using Firefox up to around v.1.5 I found that Firefox had a fantastic way of closing lots of tabs. It was one of the key things which drew me instantly to Firefox and away from IE.

This is the ay: Firefox v1.5 has a little red cross box at the top right hand side of the browser next to the line of tabs. Just one red box. After you opened a whole series of tabs, you could close all of them in let than 3 seconds by just repeatedly clicking on that red button. It closed all the tabs until you were left with your first tab.

I am tryig to leave firefox now because they have removed that single red button in FF3 and put a red button on each of the tabs. So to close multiple tabs, you have to pres the red button on each of them, moving your mouse to each one. It now takes 10 time slonger to close a line of tabs.

K meleon doesnt have that little red button? I fyou add one in it will put you in a league ahead of Firefox.

Remember: I don't want to close all tabs: I want to close all of the ones on the right hand side until I am left with the ones on the left hand side (usually use one tab) that i want. K Meleon cant do this in a rapidfire way.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2009 09:04AM by Leavingfif.

Re: Way to thrash Firefox's pants- oops I found the red button
Posted by: JamesD
Date: January 21, 2009 01:58PM

The close tab button is there. It is not red color. Just look for a small toolbar with two buttons. The buttons look like pages overlapping. One set is blank and the other set has a 'x' on it. The button with the x closes a tab. The other button will open a new tab.

Re: Way to thrash Firefox's pants- oops I found the red button
Posted by: guenter
Date: January 21, 2009 02:35PM

Leavingfif
wel duh me lol - i found your red button top right hand corner to close tabs smiling smiley excellent !

Some more things to find.

manny
please include cross on tabs to close.
kko
Open Edit > Configuration > Browser Configuration. Right-click any preference and choose New > Integer. Enter browser.tabs.closeButtons for the name of the new pref and 1 for the value. Restart km.

If You double-click into an open tab in tab-bar You close it - if You double click on an empty part next to a tab You open a new tab.

K-Meleon's menus are context sensitive. A right click over the tabs You get a tabs menu.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2009 02:38PM by guenter.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.