I use it at work, to bypass thoses silly pages which clear the password saved and restored by the browser.
I use 1.1.5, but this evening I have made work 1.5.0 (with tabs instead of layers)
In fact, the determinant thing is the adaptator, the only that I have seen work is the one I use for the extension, and that you have made some modifications.
All the firefox adapters don't work, and the last seamonkey (6.9.91) too
I think the only one which works is the 6.9.86 or 6.9.87 (I'm not sure about the version) that you have modified
To make it work with 1.1.5, nothing special to do, just install the last version Roboform 6.9.90 and the extension I have packaged.
The extension, when activated (in Tools menu) launches the command to install the bar. then it closes automatically the layer, and robocop is ok.
With 1.5, the macro must be rewritten, because in this case, we can't close the tab (it crashes), we must first open a new tab, and then close the first one, in which we have launch the command (This works too in 1.1.x, but more complicated than just close it).
If you use it like I do, no problem, else, opening something in the first tab or the layer (in 1.1.x if launch manually), K-Meleon crashes hard, and often drwatson is called and block.
You can notice that in the tab or layer where the command is launched, the roboform toolbar is on the top of the window, and in the other layers or tab, it's on the bottom.
I personnally think, there is not a great job to do to make it work correctly with K-Meleon, but I'm not able to do it, and I haven't have rights for this, and it seems that Siber doesn't want to support it (they don't support Opera too)
As I have found a simply way not to crash with roboform and K-Meleon, I'll try to ask Siber to modify the adapter, and support K-Meleon.
Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr
Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc