Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
the foretyped text doesn't reappear in text 'field'
Posted by: faddap
Date: December 29, 2007 03:37PM

At first, I should make an apology for my English (it's worse then bаd=) )

Now, the exact problem:
I used to browse with Firefox 2 but since I 'introduced' myself with this great browser, I left it, of course... I have gotten used to something in ff, which is missing in K-Meleon (at least in my version...) - when I have typed word (phrase, nickname, sentence) in a 'text field' (I'm not sure about the right term (e.g. in the Google.com search field)) the browser 'remember' it and I could later chose between all the things, I've ever written with 'A', for example... It's some kind of History, I think...
Hope that you've managed to understand me..

Yours, Ivan!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: the foretyped text doesn't reappear in text 'field'
Date: December 29, 2007 03:41PM

ooh, the question:

could this 'function' (maybe there's plug-in about it) work in K-Meleon, too (I'm with ver1.1)

Posted by: JamesD
Date: December 29, 2007 10:56PM

It is possible to have a search history in K-Meleon. Some things must be set up for this to work. First you must be using the URL bar to enter search items. Type the search item in the URL bar and click on the search button in the button bar. Second you must go to tools - web search - configure and check keyword autosearch. This mean domain autocompletion will be turned off. The choice of a search engine can be set here also. Third go to edit - preferences - history - URL bar history and make sure there is a check mark for Keep a list. In the list below that choose Typed URLs only.

Now if you type a work like "choir" into the URL bar it will not resolve to a web site but will be sent to search, and since it was typed it will appear in the drop down list of the URL bar.

It is a bit of a work around but as far as I know, this is what we have available right now. I am using 1.5a1 but I think this works for older versions as well. If you have problems, post back in this thread and someone will try to help.

Date: December 30, 2007 03:42PM

Regards!

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.