Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
cool idea IMHO ; )
Posted by: myyr
Date: January 09, 2007 08:23PM

Hi

How about these small preview windows when i move a mouse cursor over a bookmark link? It could quickly show the current page thumbnail, so if i recognize the page to be in same state as when i last left it, i don't have to visit it again. The technology is already out there and used my many webpages - why not to be a first browser to use it?

Maybe like so: http://myyr.restkeskus.ee/gallery/cool_2.png

M.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: cool idea IMHO ; )
Posted by: rmn
Date: January 20, 2007 09:46AM

Actually there's already a browser doing this, but yeah, it's a neat feature :-)

It's a bit different from your idea, though. It doesn't prefetch the page, but rather use the cache.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2007 09:47AM by rmn.

Posted by: Soulxlight
Date: February 28, 2007 07:47AM

Opera also does this...and I think IE 7 does something rather similar. All in all browsers already do this, though it would be really cool to include in K-Meleon since, in my opinion, it is the coolest browser around. grinning smiley

Posted by: Arual the Wyrd
Date: May 28, 2007 05:16PM

A prefetch feature causes a lot of bandwidth suckage, bad for those of us who do not have the fastest connection, and IMHO bad for the Internet in general. *shrug* my 2 cents' worth

Posted by: rmn
Date: May 29, 2007 12:15PM

Arual the Wyrd
A prefetch feature causes a lot of bandwidth suckage, bad for those of us who do not have the fastest connection, and IMHO bad for the Internet in general. *shrug* my 2 cents' worth

Agreed. :-)

I much prefer Kazehakase's method of using only pages that has already been opened.

Posted by: Yogi
Date: May 29, 2007 06:52PM

Opera also does this...
Opera doesn't prefetch the site but uses the cache to show already opened sites.

though it would be really cool to include in K-Meleon...
It might be cool but would add little value to the browser. IMO rather an eye catcher.

A prefetch feature causes a lot of bandwidth suckage, bad for those of us who do not have the fastest connection,...
Bad for all of us or useless at best. A cheap trick to make the average user into believe the browser loads faster. Also a good facility for some webmasters to get us loaded with crappy content.

K-Meleon is for the moment the fastest and lightest on resources browser.
Those who prefers fancy things, bells and whistles to performance already have different altenatives to choose from.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.