Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
mouse wheel and 'busy' image.
Posted by: OgO
Date: December 13, 2001 03:07AM

Hello,

I've got two requests:

The 'busy' image - in the top right, that is animated while pages are loading - is not animated enough - the animation is too little and too infrequent - it would be good if there was something that you could just glance up there and know instantly if the page had finished loading or not - even if you had the image that is there now, but with a red background while it is loading for instance.

Also, it would be great if the program was able to support the mouse wheel.

I have a logitech wheel mouse (model M-S48).

This mouse is setup under windows as: "Wheel mouse on the PS/2 Port"

I'm using Logitech mouseware control center

Control center version: 9.00.99

mouse driver version: 9.00.

The scroll wheel is set to scroll one screen at a time and use microsoft office compatible scroll only is NOT checked.

The mouse scrolls fine in most other applications (none come to mind where it doesn't work).

It doesn't work in K-Melon 0.6 build 547. It also didn't work in version 0.5, and I didn't use it before then to see.

Hope that helps, I'd really like to use the mouse wheel in K-Melon too.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: mouse wheel and 'busy' image.
Posted by: po
Date: December 13, 2001 03:41AM

there are MANY throbbers to choose from on the <a href="http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/resources/">resource page</a>.

it's also not too hard to roll your own; it's just an AVI file named 'throbber.avi' in your profile folder... i don't think most compressed AVIs will work, though (somebody correct me if they know better).

as for the scrollwheel, it's been discussed many places on the forum; it seems to be dependent on the mouse driver. mine is a logitech with v 8.x drivers, and it works fine. probably yours could be made to, also, with some adjustments. note that the focus MUST be on the page for the scrollwheel to work, in general, and that pages are NOT given focus upon loading at this point, so you might have to click on the page before the wheel will work. good luck.

Posted by: ken-ichi
Date: December 13, 2001 04:47PM

Will the focus be moved to the main window upon page load in future releases? The current state is rather annoying, especially when the focus is left on the URL bar and rolling the mouse wheel just brings you back to the last URL you typed in.

Posted by: Brian
Date: December 13, 2001 06:48PM

it's even more annoying when you're typing a url and suddenly the page steals focus from you.

Posted by: Greg Bair
Date: December 23, 2001 08:50PM

I myself am using a $10 el-cheapo wheel mouse, and it works fine.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.