Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
IE style back button
Posted by: fyzix
Date: November 27, 2001 04:49AM

I really enjoy the multiple back feature of IE 5 and up. I think it would be great if you could work it into your browser. A history button in the toolbar by default would be nice as well.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: IE style back button
Posted by: fyzix
Date: November 27, 2001 04:55AM

What I was aiming for here is the toolbar style...not the feature, which is lready there...

Posted by: po
Date: November 27, 2001 05:02AM

the toolbar style is also kind of already there... it just works a little differently: instead of clicking on the down arrow portion of a button, you just need to click-and-hold for a second, and the menu drops down.

--- po

Posted by: Ryo
Date: November 29, 2001 08:26AM

But it would be nice to have the down arrow... so it would resemble more to explorer.

Posted by: Brian
Date: December 01, 2001 12:51AM

you can also right-click the button.

Posted by: Bernard Mercier
Date: December 02, 2001 11:51AM

I have no need to 'convert' every refreshing styled new program to convert to Microsoft products style. Yuck!.

This right-click or hold it a while feature is just great.

Note that Mozilla has gone the Microsoft way already for this (seen in Mozilla 0.9.6)

Bernard

Posted by: po
Date: December 02, 2001 01:06PM

> This right-click or hold it a while feature is just great.<

i'm kind of fond of it myself... never cared for the 'divided button' idea much.

while on the subject, is there any possibility of making the 'menu-dropping-out-of-a button' trick available for scriped buttons in the toolbar.cfg ? for instance, to drop a choice of sizes from a 'text size' button? that'd be neat.

Posted by: rich
Date: December 10, 2001 07:53PM

I too would like to see the down arrow added. From a design standpoint, I think it is important to have the 'back' function represented visually on the toolbar rather than 'hidden' as it is now. I think this is important for ease of use.
rgds,
rich

Posted by: bob
Date: December 22, 2001 06:49AM

Stick to the way it is - press and hold or right-click. Anything else would be clutter or Tuftian "chart-junk". If you know what it does how can an extra arrow make it any easier to operate? And if it's first time users you have in mind, perhaps the less "features" the browser has the more likely the Documentation will be read; its size would be a whole lot less overwhelming.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.