Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
an 'up' button?
Posted by: po
Date: November 03, 2001 09:58AM

howbout an accelerator ID for 'up' (in windoze terminology) - it would basically just chop the current URI back to the last '/'... in fact, it would be kind of a neat stock feature, but i can see the reasons for not making it a button by default. if it were an ID, though, it could be 'written in' by anyone who wanted it.

otherwise, i suppose somebody could write a plugin...

--- po

Options: ReplyQuote
more scattered scripting musings.
Date: November 04, 2001 12:21PM

in addition to ID_NAV_UP, maybe you could throw in ID_NAV_GO?

with that, i would think it would be theoretically possible to script a 'go to selected' context menu option...

is there any way to provide an alias for the current clipboard contents in the macro scripting (constrained to, say, 256 characters)? that would be neat.

is there any documentation (friendly or otherwise... i'm not afraid to learn something if i absolutely HAVE to) on the exec() command, and exactly what can be put in there?

sorry for the fragmented thoughts... i'm a little underslept lately. ;-)

--- po

Re: more scattered scripting musings.
Posted by: Jeff
Date: November 04, 2001 09:15PM

there aren't any friendly docs on macros, sorry. I'm not good at writing docs. Just use exec with whatever you might normally type at the command line:

exec(notepad)
exec(notepad mydoc.txt)
exec(notepad -param blah -foo -bar mydoc.txt)

it should be pretty simple.

Keep coming up with all the great ideas, I'm not sure what you're looking for with an ID_NAV_GO command, what would it "go" to?

-- Jeff

Date: November 05, 2001 01:01AM

> I'm not sure what you're looking for with an ID_NAV_GO
> command, what would it "go" to?

it would just be the equivalent of hiting 'return' when the cursor is in the URI field... then people could make 'go' buttons, among other things... or maybe there's already a way to do this that i'm overlooking?

keep going.

--- po

Posted by: vukv
Date: November 17, 2001 10:25PM

yeah go button would be cool... i am sometimes to lazy to use keyboard to hit enter when i want to go somewhere

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.