Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
Links bar
Posted by: malcolm
Date: November 01, 2001 01:34AM

Well, apart from taking me a while to find it at all (favortites menu, config option). I was wondering about the following improvements:

-Coping with too many links to fit onscreen IE has those nice little menus that drop down from a >>.
- Multiple bars, I like to pile up my toolbars so that the long space to the right of them isn't wasted. It would be good If I could have a generic 'links bar' plugin that would allow me to create as many instances of it as I liked, dragging and dropping links to and from it as required. Or having folders in Favorites that were used to store all the links for a bar, rather liike the links folder is now.
- Out-of order icons. They seem to be in alphabetical order which is a pain.

I realise I can use macros to create another links toolbar, creating a 1-line macro for each link and then adding it to a toolbar but I'd like an easier way.

thanks

Mf

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Links bar
Posted by: TenPin
Date: November 02, 2001 04:27AM

If you want to change the order of the items on the toolbar then just edit your bookmarks.html file

Re: Links bar
Posted by: po
Date: November 02, 2001 04:58AM

tenpin:

unfortunately, the IE favorites don't work that way; they're saved as seperate 'shortcut' files, and the only way to re-order them (that i've found) in k-meleon at this point is to re-name them, using the first character of the name to determine the order.

it occurs to me that there are two completely distict camps (IE & netscape) discussing things here... it's amazing there's as little confusion as there is.

maybe the k-meleon slogan should be "the browser that brings people together" or something insufferably cheezy like that... =)

--- po

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.