Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
XP Visual Styles
Posted by: Matthew
Date: October 29, 2001 06:16AM

You know, it would be really nice -- and it would add that extra bit of professionality to put it at the top -- if K-Meleon supported XP's visual styles (that is, on the progam's objects, not objects within the web pages, since that's handled differently). I read some msdn artical on how to do it: you just add some stuff to the project (I don't know if this is incompatible with certain compilers...), yet it remains backwards-compatible. What about it?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: XP Visual Styles
Posted by: haw
Date: October 31, 2001 12:39AM

Haw. I hate that XP look. What ever happened to nice, clean, grey buttons?? I don't want my computer to look pretty, I want it to be efficent, and to hold as much info as possible without looking like a candy store or a mac rip.

P.S. I'm loving k-melelon. Roaming (as pointed out before) would be a nice feature too. You guys rok. Also, it'd be really REALLY tite if there was some way to have a different bitmapd loaded each time a new window popped up - and I'd like to be able to cascade my multiple wondows too. But these are all things I'd LIKE to see. Otherwise it's super perfect.

Date: October 31, 2001 02:04AM

Come on... what ever happened to being consitent? Why have an xp program not look like it? It's not like it's going to look that way in 95-2k... so just come on.

Posted by: DaveH
Date: October 31, 2001 11:55AM

I agree with Matthew--if the point is to use native widgets than use all of the ones you can. I'm not sure how well documented this XP feature is, and how easy to implement, but if it is easy, then yes, it would be nice!

Posted by: Brian
Date: October 31, 2001 05:49PM

Well I use windows 98, and Jeff uses 95, so I really doubt we'll be adding XP features simply because it's quite impossible for us to do so.

Date: November 01, 2001 10:51AM

I'm not so sure about that.... Or maybe I read it wrong. Hell, I don't know much about Windows prog.g.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnwxp/html/xptheming.asp

Date: November 01, 2001 11:43AM

One more development:

Using a program that creates a manifest (that's an external file, by the way), k-meleon now is visual-styled -- even the toolbar grabbers! -- except for the browser element (because mozilla does those). You can find the VB source at planet-source-code.com (http://www.planet-source-code.com/xq/ASP/txtCodeId.27928/lngWId.1/qx/vb/scripts/ShowCode.htm).

There is no doubt now, k-meleon is my default browser.

Posted by: Andrew
Date: November 01, 2001 12:30PM

Matt,

Can you e-mail the developers list with that info?

Thanks!

Andrew

Date: November 03, 2001 11:05PM

Yep. Done.

Posted by: Andrew
Date: November 04, 2001 12:12AM

Matt,