Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
Toolbar configurable?
Posted by: Perc
Date: October 21, 2001 11:37PM

Hello!
I'm a fan of the old Netscape 4 GUI and would like to see buttons configurable as text-only (NOT only the "selected text beside buttons" stuff in IE5+ or icons-only, but ONLY text) like Netscape 4 could be changed to look.
I like gecko, and with some help from this browser I would surely switch from IE smiling smiley

/Perc

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Toolbar configurable?
Posted by: Andrew
Date: October 22, 2001 02:54AM

Perc,

This will be possible in the next release. The toolbar will be completely customizable so that you can use whatever buttons/images you want in whatever order you want. In your case, you'll need to create a graphic set of the text that you want to use to replace the buttons. That should take you 5 minutes in any decent graphics program. If you don't want to do it, I'm sure that one of our users will whip something up.

Andrew

Posted by: po
Date: October 22, 2001 06:59AM

if the buttons can't contain actual text, and one were to design some graphic versions of text labels, do they still have to be square?

just wondering.

--- po

Posted by: Jeff
Date: October 22, 2001 07:11AM

With the new toolbar plugin, you can make as many toolbars, with as many buttons as you'd like, using whatever sizes and and as many colors as you want.

-- Jeff

Posted by: Matthew
Date: October 29, 2001 06:33AM

Since it's a new plugin, it probably changes this, but: the expanding toolbar on SINGLE-click, rather than a DOUBLE-click is annoying and counter-productive. I keep hitting the resizer and it hides the other bars, instead of acting like one expects it to. Even the visual basic "coolbar," sans modifications, expands only on a double-click. So, how'll the new toolbars work?

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.