Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
web
Posted by: jimmey
Date: September 07, 2000 01:51AM

it would be great if kmeleon could act like ie when i press new browser it would open the same address as the previous browser instead of opening whatever is the default browser web page.

Options: ReplyQuote
RE: web
Posted by: Rentar
Date: September 07, 2000 10:28AM

What good is a second Window with the same content? The only use I see for this is following another link in the second window and that is what "Open Link in New Window" is for.

I much prefer the Netscape/Mozilla/KMeleon way of opening the default page (my default-page is about:blank and that makes opening a new window terribly fast, even on older pcs)

Posted by: re-Verse
Date: September 08, 2000 07:45PM

i'll tell you what good it is (i just found out myself).

i am a long time netscape user (since the first release) and i have wondered why ie (i use it at work) opens up the current page when you open in new windows.... here is why (it actually kinda rocks)

say you go to a search engine... you click on a link for a page off the engine on the topic you searched for... but you want more results, its not enough.. you open a new window (keeps the same page) and hit back, so you can from there go to new pages... i used to just open everyhting in a new window anyway in netscape, but this way Feels a bit better, and is a little more efficient i find.

just my 2 cents.

Posted by: rainmaker
Date: October 11, 2000 07:51PM

thats what config files are for!!

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.