Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
Proxy Support?
Posted by: Jimbob
Date: August 23, 2000 03:57AM

Great effort! However it suffers from the same problem that I found when I first tried Galeon in Linux - no support for a proxy server! I hope this feature is coming in a release in the not too distant future, because without it the browser is rendered useless to everyone who connects to the net through a proxy server.

Options: ReplyQuote
RE: Proxy Support?
Posted by: Sam
Date: August 23, 2000 06:52AM

yah, I agree, the only way I can connect to the internet through the proxy server of my ISP. K-Meleon is useless right now.

Posted by: stinkf
Date: August 23, 2000 07:06AM

I agree also, but I was able to test kmeleon using our Intranet and it feels pretty nice and fast, except the pages are designed for IE and they don't look as they should. But it's fast.

Posted by: Tom
Date: August 23, 2000 08:28AM

Hi,

I had the same problem until I found the file "all.js" in the defaults\pref directory.
From line 276 you can maek your proxy settings. As proxy type I have used 1.

Now it works realy fine.

Great job !

Tom.

Posted by: Biswa
Date: August 23, 2000 04:37PM

If your proxy works with Mozilla , it will work from K-Meleon. The simplest thing to do is just cut-n-paste teh proxy settings from the Mozilla prefs.js file to pref/all.js in K-Meleon.

- Biswa.

Posted by: vm
Date: August 23, 2000 09:02PM

I've tried my setting proxy type to 1 and it does not seem to work. Even if I make sure k-meleon isn't running when I save my changes... *shrug*

-vm-

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.