Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
Setting Start Page
Posted by: Bryan Taylor
Date: August 22, 2000 04:57PM

My start page is greyed out, and there doesn't appear to be any way to set it.

Options: ReplyQuote
RE: Setting Start Page
Posted by: Anubis
Date: August 22, 2000 05:05PM

Sure there is...

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\K-Meleon\K-Meleon\Settings\StartPage

I know someone reported that K-Meleon doesn't load if they don't go to the kmeleon.org first, but I just changed my key and it still works fine.

— Anubis

Date: August 22, 2000 05:32PM

Didn't work. The first time, there was no such registry key, so I added it, put in my homepage and restarted the app. It came up with "http://kmeleon.org";. I went back and looked at the registry key and this time it was there, but it's value had changed to the above.

Besides, editing the registry is not an excluse for putting this in the application. A "Make this the start page" setting would be trivial to implement.

Posted by: Nequiem Nonsuch
Date: August 23, 2000 01:06AM

This was put together in one day and people are bitching about complex layer support. Geez! You have to close the program to make registry changes. I had no problems loading another page (local on my HD)as my start page.

Date: August 23, 2000 04:02PM

OK, closing the program and then modifying the registry as stated did make it start on my homepage.

However, the home button on the toolbar is still greyed out, so I repeat my initial request: enable the home button on the toolbar and allow it's target to be set in the prefereces.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.