Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
Edit Site Preferences??
Posted by: JJM
Date: September 19, 2012 08:14PM

This may have been mentioned before. One of the best things about Opera is the simplicity in turning different settings on or off for a single webpage. You can disable Javascript or even turn of redirection without affecting every website. I have come across numerous websites that have ads that somehow use javascript to take you where you don't want to go. Simply by disabling it, the problem is solved. But who wants to use global able and disable? That's a pretty piss poor design.

Possibly there is an extension for this. But I have only seen a "policiies" extension and it's not very convenient. Forget what Firefox does. As far as privacy goes, Opera is the one to beat.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Edit Site Preferences??
Posted by: JamesD
Date: September 20, 2012 12:03PM

Policies Manager does this work OK. I have Javascript set to off within Policies Manager and those sites where I need Javascript in order to use the site belong to a group called Javascript required.

It is true that this requires a bit of work to set up. I even had to make some changes to main.kmm in order for some things like "Send page as a link" to work. I also have a macro called "Flip_PM" which put a button on the bar so that I can change the default for Javascript quickly.

The changes to main.kmm are included in my KM 1.6,0 beta 2.4 version. If you want to try Policies Manager and Flip_PM, just ask and I will help you obtain and set them up.

Hanlon’s razor is an eponymous adage named after Robert J. Hanlon that states: “Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

JamesD

Options: ReplyQuote

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.