Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
"copy email address" option in right-click browser menu
Posted by: WinME
Date: September 30, 2010 06:45AM

Hi, I would like it to offer an option of 'Copy Email Address' in the right-click browser menu (and not just copy link). A search on web for highlighted term would be ok too. I love how fast and lite this browser is, thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: "copy email address" option in right-click browser menu
Date: September 30, 2010 06:46AM

Okay, you have the search already. Thanks much! :O

Posted by: guenter
Date: September 30, 2010 08:19PM

Copy the link mailto:mymail@yahoo.de to cache.

Scratch the bold and insert the mymail@ part into mail app or save it.

BTW: You could probably automate it in an K-Meleon extension.
Maybe repost in extension forum or alow that I move it there.

The users of that Forum are liekly to be able to give You a hand with getting or creating it as extension (if it does not exist already).

p.s. Next K-Meleon Version, 1.6, will only work with ME using KernelX project extension. I busted my ME twice trying to get that working sad smiley

Posted by: siria
Date: October 01, 2010 12:01AM

Not sure what this is needed for, since the mail addy can be sent directly to the mail program... That said, I need it so rarely that I haven't connected my mail proggie yet ;-) Thinking about it... I also don't want it to start up each time I accidentally click on a mailto link tongue sticking out smiley

Anyway, if you like save the blue text in a file named
anynameyouwish.kmm
and put it into your macros folder, preferably the one in the profile to not mess with new "default" profiles. Then restart browser.

copylinkURL2{
macroinfo="Copy Link Location, delete 'mailto:' part if Link starts with it (minimacro)";
index($LinkURL,"mailto:")==0 ? setclipboard(sub("mailto:","",$LinkURL)) : id(ID_COPY_LINK_LOCATION);
}

_copylinkURL2_BuildMenu{
setmenu(LinkCopy,macro,"Copy Link Location",copylinkURL2,-1);
setmenu(LinkCopy,command,"",ID_COPY_LINK_LOCATION);
}
$OnInit=$OnInit."_copylinkURL2_BuildMenu;";

It removes the original "Copy Link Location" from the menu and replaces it with the macro command. That macro checks if a link starts with "mailto:", and if yes crops that, if not it uses the normal copy command.

Too bad for your ME Guenter sad smiley I still think it's worth to keep trying, I guess the most important thing is to have unicode installed, and always reboot after installing and after uninstalling KEx, and to disactivate it by default... Perhaps the new version works better??

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2010 12:07AM by siria.

Date: October 01, 2010 08:12PM

By all means feel free to move it there, thanks! (I'm not techy and wouldn't be much help in developing something myself).

Date: October 01, 2010 08:19PM

WOW! Thanks!

Date: October 01, 2010 08:28PM

(I guess if I signed in it would let me edit my posts.) That was a thankyou to syria for posting script. I needed it because I only use web email and copy and paste addresses and it's a bother having to delete the first part manually all the time. I'll try the mail link to see what happens. I don't use an email application. Thank you again. I should really learn how to write scripts.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.