Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
Always ask, or MIME-type Override
Posted by: Donald
Date: November 09, 2009 08:46PM

Hello everybody, now what I’m requesting for is this.

Always ask - Now you all know that if you go to file type under preferences in K-Meleon your capable of selecting what the browser should do when it encounters a similar file type right, well what I’m requesting for is another action to be added that will - Always ask before doing anything with the file.

Or

MIME-type Override - As all of you may know when you go under - Edit - there’s a feature there called - MIME Types - that allows you to control file types, well the thing that I’m asking for is that I want this to always override the browser’s actions when encountering any kind of file type. Like always being asked to do what with the file.

Now, I would like at least something similar to what I’m requesting for to be added on to the next future release of the K-Meleon browser, but remember I’m not forcing anybody to do this its all up to the developers, and that is it thanks for noticing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Always ask, or MIME-type Override
Posted by: disrupted
Date: November 09, 2009 09:33PM

this can be done with mime types editor: edit menu>mime types

add the extensions/action you want and select always ask

additionally if you change the default action for a file in prefs>file handling>by type, the changed action extension is automatically added to mime editor so you can select always aask

Options: ReplyQuote

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.