Select-all command
Posted by: FrankSquirel
Date: June 18, 2012 09:13AM

Is there a way to select all of the text on the screen using the Ctrl-A command?

Re: Select-all command
Posted by: JamesD
Date: June 18, 2012 07:08PM

That is an interesting question. The documentation indicates that should work, but on my system I am getting everything selected. That is both text and pictures.

http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/CommandIDs
ID_EDIT_SELECT_ALL
Select all text.

http://kmeleon.110mb.com/lizard/commands.html#l_defaccel
CTRL A ID_EDIT_SELECT_ALL Select all text. This is commented, because Ctrl+A is a system keys shortcut.

I tried CTRL A in Notepad and that highlighed all there, but I only had text in Notepad.

Date: June 18, 2012 09:43PM

I found out that Ctrl-A only doesn't work for me when I use it in the search bar.

Date: June 19, 2012 12:25AM

I don't have a search bar. The CRTL A does not work in my URL bar but does work in the search field that is displayed when I click on the search button.

Date: June 19, 2012 12:30AM

Oh sorry, I meant to say URL Bar. I'm very used to using Ctrl-A to select my text when I type in the URL, so is there any way to enable it for the URL bar?

Date: June 19, 2012 02:59AM

This seems to work for me. Click with the mouse on some part of the page that is not a link. Move the cursor to the URL bar and click once. That highlights all the text in the URL bar.

Posted by: rodocop
Date: June 21, 2012 04:44AM

Frank,

F6 selects all text in URLbar by default.

Try K-Meleon-1.6db+NS by dugbug // KM-16-S2014 by Fred // 1.6beta2.6 by JamesD

K-Meleon Twin+ Download for modern browsers =//= Download for old ones =//= Discuss it!!!

New KM74 for test and feedback! Get it there!

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: August 18, 2012 05:23AM

Ooops, I replied a thread from June. Sorry so much.

Mine is F12 smiling smiley

The command that is activated is: ID_SELECT_URL

Highlights the URL bar text, and, by doing that, you can copy, edit, etc, etc, etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2012 05:24AM by JohnHell.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.