Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing.  
Re(load) All Images on Current Page
Posted by: nujucobian
Date: June 06, 2012 12:09PM

For fast browsing I usually block immages, but when i wanna see images I don't wanna have to right-click every image to re(load) and sometimes the placeholder is not showing. So is it possible to do this with 'one click load all' or is this already implemented?

P.S. I don't wanna reload/refresh the whole page as it would be slow loading with js,css,etc.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Re(load) All Images on Current Page
Posted by: rodocop
Date: June 06, 2012 08:22PM

I don't know how to do exactly what you ask for, but I think the next thing could be useful in some cases:

1) Press F9 (to load images)
2) Select View -> Images
this command would open new window (tab) with all the images from loaded page.
3) Toggle images off, pressing F9 again.

Latest Release KM75.0 Latest beta none Latest Candidate none
Old good stuff K-Meleon-1.6db+NS by dugbug // KM-16-S2014 by Fred // 1.6beta2.6 by JamesD

K-Meleon Twin+ Download for modern browsers =//= Download for old ones =//= Discuss it!!!

Date: June 07, 2012 10:08AM

but i won't know where the position of the images.
I'm looking more like 'ImgLikeOpera' for firefox extension.

Date: June 07, 2012 10:22PM

I understand. KM is missing such a possibility.

I think it could be possible to create KM-macro for on-demand reload for all images on the page. But I'm not sure.

But I can help you using third-party universal javascript-bookmarklet.

Look:

1) Open Bookmarks Editor by pressing Ctrl+G

2) Create new Bookmark in Personal Toolbar Folder (right-click on it and select New Bookmark)

3) In Properties (below) insert intuitive name in the 'Title:' field - like, for example, Reload images (you could wish to make name as short as possible to make 'button' on Personal Toolbar smaller)

4) Further, fill the 'URL' field with following string:
javascript:function%20reloadImages(w){try{for(var%20j=0;IMG=w.document.images[j];++j){if(IMG.readyState!='complete')IMG.src=IMG.src;}for(var%20i=0;F=w.frames;i++){reloadImages(F);}}catch(e){}}reloadImages(window);
triple-click string line above to fully select - and then copy it

5) Press OK - and your little tool is ready to use.

Now, when you need display images on loaded page - just press F9 (enable images) and then click the Reload Images bookmark - and you'll get it!

NB! Don't forget press F9 again to re-disable images for further browsing.

Old good stuff K-Meleon-1.6db+NS by dugbug // KM-16-S2014 by Fred // 1.6beta2.6 by JamesD

K-Meleon Twin+ Download for modern browsers =//= Download for old ones =//= Discuss it!!!

Date: June 08, 2012 11:04PM

nice idea, doesn't work though, cpu usage 100%
I'm using
javascript:(function(e,a,g,h,f,c,b,d){if(!(f=e.jQuery)||g>f.fn.jquery||h(f)){c=a.createElement("script");c.type="text/javascript";c.src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/"+g+"/jquery.min.js";c.onload=c.onreadystatechange=function(){if(!b&&(!(d=this.readyState)||d=="loaded"||d=="complete")){h((f=e.jQuery).noConflict(1),b=1);f(c).remove()}};a.documentElement.childNodes[0].appendChild(c)}})(window,document,"1.4.2",function($,L){$("*").each(function(index){if($(this).css("background-image")!="none"){url=$(this).css("background-image");url=url.replace(/"/g,"").replace(/url\(|\)$/ig,"");url=url+(url.indexOf("?")==-1?"?r=":"&nyz=")+Math.random();url='url("'+url+'")';$(this).css("background-image",url);}});$("img").each(function(index){url=$(this).attr("src");url=url+(url.indexOf("?")==-1?"?r=":"&nyz=")+Math.random();$(this).attr("src",url);});});
taken from http://diovo.com/2010/08/reimages-reload-images-in-web-pages/

Date: June 09, 2012 02:05AM

which solution doesn't work? Mine or yours?

I have tested my bookmarklet with my build (CommMeleon) and it works fine, superfast and without any problem.

Posted by: misterp
Date: June 09, 2012 03:52AM

I've found in such situations that images are most of the download and so just reloading the page with all images is easiest(F9, F5, F9).

Date: June 09, 2012 08:14AM

@rodocop
yours didn't work. I'm using 1.5.4 and 1.6.0 beta2

@misterp
hmm...3 keyboard actions, i prefer mouse click and for heavy javascript page, page loading become slow and high CPU usage (ex. blogger dynamic view)

Here's an idea but I don't know how to make a macro
1. Set "permissions.default.image" to 1
2. Inject javascript to reload all images
3. Set "permissions.default.image" back to 2

solved
Date: June 18, 2012 06:05AM

made it finally

reloadimages{
menugrayed=(hostname($URL)=="");
$_jscurrent=getpref(BOOL,$pref_JavaScript);
setpref(BOOL,$pref_JavaScript, true);
$_imgcurrent=getpref(INT,$pref_Images);
setpref(INT,$pref_Images, 1);
$reloadimgjs=$_scripts_path."\\reloadimg.js";
$injectreloadimg=readfile($reloadimgjs);
injectJS($injectreloadimg);
setpref(INT,$pref_Images, $_imgcurrent);
setpref(BOOL,$pref_JavaScript, $_jscurrent);
}

Thanks to a bunch of macros.

Posted by: Merlin
Date: October 28, 2012 10:40AM

I was facing the same problem until i write this script:

# ----------------------Reload All Images----------------------------------------

Reload_All_Images{
statusbar("Reload All Image ");
$s_im =false;
getpref(INT,$pref_Images)==1? $s_im = true:setpref(INT,$pref_Images,1);
$JS_doit="var m=document.images;for (i=0;i< m.length ;i++ ){var sd=m[i].src;m[i].src='';m[i].src=sd;}";&JS_hndlDoc;
$s_im ?0:setpref(INT,$pref_Images,2);

}

ReloadAllImages_BuildToolbar{
pluginmsg(toolbars,"AddToolbar","Reload All Images,64,16","");
pluginmsg(toolbars,"AddButton","Reload All Images,Imagereload,macros(Reload_All_Images),,Reload All Images,64,16,ReloadImages.bmp[1],ReloadImages.bmp[0],","");
}

#----------------------------

$OnSetup=$OnSetup."ReloadAllImages_BuildToolbar;";
$macroModules=$macroModules."ReloadImages";

It work without enable Javascrip or useing jQuery file .

Use this image [img]http://i.cubeupload.com/n89b6F.jpg[/img] & rename it To (ReloadImages.bmp).

And save it in kM-Folder\skins\default. If there no "default" folder , create one.

To test it , block images [F9] , reload the page and press the button on the toolBar.

Posted by: Upen
Date: February 23, 2014 05:01PM

hello friends, i don't know how to make a script or macro to reload images. help me.

Posted by: siria
Date: February 25, 2014 05:40AM

Nice script, great function, thanks! smiling smiley
Finally managed to extend an old unfinished macro of mine with that nice function, exactly what I needed. Then it drove me crazy that sometimes it worked and sometimes not, seemingly randomly, until finally realizing that another pref must be allowed, that thing with images JS-rollover permission. At last this works now exactly as I want, love it, just can't publish yet because other stuff isn't finished yet.

Upen
hello friends, i don't know how to make a script or macro to reload images. help me.

The how-to description was in the previous post, he only forgot one little basic thing, well known to long-time users:
Open some text editor like notepad, copy the posted code lines from Merlins post into a new document, and save it as "ReloadAllImages.kmm" into the K-Meleon "macros" folder. Make sure it does not have a hidden ".txt" ending too. If you like, copy the link to this forum or other comments in the beginning too, with a comment sign # at the beginning of each line.
Then save his button image exactly as he described and restart the browser.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2014 05:41AM by siria.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.