Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
cant access ATT account with k-meleon
Posted by: froggy
Date: May 19, 2011 11:03PM

The only site I cant log into is ATT account (ATT.com) login.
ATT claims it uses flash but I have that plugin. No problem accessing ATT and other sites on this same PC with IE 6.0. Trying various user agents with k-meleon doesnt help. I can access usair.com reservations using k-meleon on this PC which seems to run flash as well. ATT says they don't support k-meleon if that matters.

question is: Is k-meleon simply incompatible with the web site? Can anyone get it to work?

Anyone can see what I mean without an ATT account.

1. Enable javascript
2. Go to: https://www.att.com/olam/loginAction.olamexecute
3. Select "phone and internet" from the dropdown
4. enter any letters or numbers for the username
5. enter at least 4 letters or numbers for the password
6. Click "login"

If it does NOT work, the page scrolls to the top.
If it DOES work, the screen goes gray, and a white window appears in the middle of the screen. (It always scrolls to the top and I cant log in).

I use:
k-meleon ver. 1.5.3 / win98SE

my installed plugins:
Mozilla Default Plug-in Enabled
Macromedia Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 10.1 Enabled
Shockwave Flash 9.0 r260 Enabled
Microsoft (R) DRM Enabled
Windows Media Player Plug-in Dynamic Link Library. All types listed: enabled
Microsoft® Windows Media Services Enabled

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: cant access ATT account with k-meleon
Posted by: ecko
Date: May 20, 2011 04:58AM

Gecko is the engine K-Meleon uses to render webpages. It's possible that the Gecko version you are using is incompatible with the att pages.

Note http://kmext.sourceforge.net/updater.htm

Posted by: disrupted
Date: May 20, 2011 10:55AM

in 1.5.4 when i login from the main page att.com, it redirects to a flash visual and then opens this message
so i guess it's working only wrong pass, when trying to login from your link it stops. try logging in from the main page att.com, sometimes a flash is overlapping the login form, then try this tools>privacy>block flashes and refresh the page and login normally then click the play button on the next flash page

Date: May 20, 2011 10:41PM

I get the following error message (in text, not flash) when I log in
using IE6.0, BUT I can still log in and access my account.
I just ignore the error message.
The browser that you are using is not supported by AT&T's website. 
You may continue to explore the site, but many features and layout 
elements may not work or display properly. 

Currently supported browsers: 

Firefox v3.5 and above
Safari v4.0 and above
Chrome v7.0 and above
Internet Explorer v7.0 and above

I'm thinking ecko's post was right. who knows.

enabling tools>privacy>block flashes in k-meleon doesnt help. I never get a play button to come up.
Updating the Gecko engine doesnt help either.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2011 10:50PM by froggy.

Posted by: siria
Date: May 20, 2011 11:01PM

If the minimum is FF3.5, then you probably need to use KM 1.6 beta on that site.
Personally I've started thinking that this growing number of "old version bugs" is getting more annoying than the rather harmless 1.6beta bugs.

Posted by: caktus
Date: May 25, 2011 07:17PM

froggy
The only site I cant log into is ATT account (ATT.com) login.
ATT claims it uses flash but I have that plugin. No problem accessing ATT and other sites on this same PC with IE 6.0. Trying various user agents with k-meleon doesnt help. I can access usair.com reservations using k-meleon on this PC which seems to run flash as well. ATT says they don't support k-meleon if that matters.

question is: Is k-meleon simply incompatible with the web site? Can anyone get it to work?

Anyone can see what I mean without an ATT account.

1. Enable javascript
2. Go to: https://www.att.com/olam/loginAction.olamexecute
3. Select "phone and internet" from the dropdown
4. enter any letters or numbers for the username
5. enter at least 4 letters or numbers for the password
6. Click "login"

If it does NOT work, the page scrolls to the top.
If it DOES work, the screen goes gray, and a white window appears in the middle of the screen. (It always scrolls to the top and I cant log in).

I use:
k-meleon ver. 1.5.3 / win98SE

my installed plugins:
Mozilla Default Plug-in Enabled
Macromedia Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 10.1 Enabled
Shockwave Flash 9.0 r260 Enabled
Microsoft (R) DRM Enabled
Windows Media Player Plug-in Dynamic Link Library. All types listed: enabled
Microsoft® Windows Media Services Enabled

Thanks

Hi froggy,

I would have to guess that it is probably AT&Ttongue sticking out smiley rather than you or your browser. For the ten years now that I have been using AT&Ttongue sticking out smiley I have had the same problems regardless what browser or browser version I use (KM, IE, Opera, Maxim, Navigator) and probably any other browsers I may have used with the exception of FFtongue sticking out smiley browsers which I don't use as they have always screwed-up my machines for some reason. Every time I have used any AT&Ttongue sticking out smiley web site it always takes about two to five minutes to load just about every page, even with the link you provided. So you may just need to wait longer for the pages to load. It has taken me literally twenty to thirty minutes just to pay my phone bill using AT&Ttongue sticking out smiley web sites and sometimes when all is said and done they throw up a message saying "Make everything faster with AT&Ttongue sticking out smiley or Bell Southtongue sticking out smiley DSL." I have long since been using online banking to pay the bills. I have even emailed AT&Ttongue sticking out smiley at least several times regarding the problem and they have never even bothered to responded and its usually next to impossible to get them to answer their own telephone. Occasionally they email me asking me to switch to paperless billing on their web site but they can kiss-off and die for all I caregrinning smiley because there is no way I bother trying to use their sites any longer. Incidentally, I did try using their site again just now as well as last week when I first read your post even with the link you provided and still I experience the same problem. Unfortunately, I am in a rural area where my only option for land-line phone service is
AT&T.tongue sticking out smiley As soon as I am in a position to dump AT&Ttongue sticking out smiley altogether they are out of my life forevergrinning smiley because the world has to have much better things to offer than AT&T.tongue sticking out smiley

Charlie

~~If it ain't broke, why screw it up?~~

Date: June 05, 2011 11:52PM

You are right it's the site, not the browser.

Actually, ATT must have made a change to their web site in the last week or two. And it now works with K-meleon!

I just logged in for the first time in nearly two weeks and it's definitly different And it looks a bit different too. K-meleon can now access the bills, payments, etc. I also logged in using IE 6.0 and and the look has changed slightly from two weeks ago.

It is slow with both browsers as there appears to be more java scripts running than before. IE6 is even taking longer to load than two weeks ago.

Yes ATT does have the rudest, nastiest customer service agents anywhere. And no they dont respond to inquiries either. That's pretty funny: "Make everything faster with AT&T". LOL, ROTFL

Posted by: me1900
Date: July 29, 2011 11:41PM

Well seems I cannot log mt at&t dsl/phone account manager in using

K-Meleon 1.6.0
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.17pre) Gecko K-Meleon/1.6.0

It appears to me at&t is working hard at accepting only certain browsers to their website(s). wotked with opera, chroms, Ie, and firefox. It could be that java is reporting the browser.

Posted by: jsnj
Date: July 30, 2011 12:57AM

me1900
Well seems I cannot log mt at&t dsl/phone account manager in using

K-Meleon 1.6.0
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.17pre) Gecko K-Meleon/1.6.0

It appears to me at&t is working hard at accepting only certain browsers to their website(s). wotked with opera, chroms, Ie, and firefox. It could be that java is reporting the browser.

You should be able to. I can w/the default UA string you posted. This is the link where I successfully logged in. Just make sure the account type is set to Phone & Internet.

BTW, IMO their site is terribly laid out. Options are scattered all over the page. P.I.T.A to navigate.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2011 01:00AM by jsnj.

Posted by: guenter
Date: July 30, 2011 05:33PM

me1900
It could be that java is reporting the browser.

A user agent string is send to a page by default.
And version info can be easier detected when JavaScript is on.
This browser spy page can tell You what they can find out.

The html engine can be also detected without that.
They can determine what html engine but there is no way to find for sure what browser.

If You suspect that they try to bar You because they want to push another browser?

K-Meleon can set its User Agent String to anything via menu

Tools - User Agent

Several predefined options are available but You can also use custom strings.

Camouflage as Firefox usually gives You the best results. Nobody can tell whether it is a Firefox with the same GRE html engine version or a K-Meleon spoofing it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2011 09:12PM by guenter.

Posted by: caktus
Date: August 02, 2011 01:48PM

Yep! AT&T has changed the layout of their pages and boast of better user experienced. I wonder what they're smoking.

Charlie

~~If it ain't broke, why screw it up?~~

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.