registering
Posted by: slowbrain
Date: November 08, 2010 03:36PM

I wanted to ask a question, but I forgot my Username and password.
I re-registered and gave my email address, but I was told, email is already used by another user. (YEAH, ME)

Isn't there a way to have a reminder-hint section when one forgets password etc?

Re: registering
Posted by: guenter
Date: November 08, 2010 10:02PM

slowbrain
I wanted to ask a question, but I forgot my Username and password.
I re-registered and gave my email address, but I was told, email is already used by another user. (YEAH, ME)

Isn't there a way to have a reminder-hint section when one forgets password etc?

1.) To tell You Your old user name &/or password I (or any moderator here) need the old email name best send to me by mail!

The one the Forum claimed to be in usage = email is already used by another user. Best use exactly that account to contact me. I am a confirmed old typo-ist I spell everything wrong - especially email addresses grinning smiley

2.) I am no user nor do I own the forum files - so I do not know. tongue sticking out smiley

If You mail a moderator and have used a real email@ when You first Signed On for an account here - one that You still can access? Every moderator can reset Your password and sent it to the mail address You used.

The info the moderator needs is the old email@ or the old user name.

PPL that have not used their real email or do not have their old email account any more cannot get this service. Their ID is lost to them. PWDs will only be send to the exact old email that is in the records. That is how Dorian wanted it.

p.s. So You can click on my name and use the address of sterndaler "with" yahoo to contact me.

Other moderator names: alain, disrupted, jsnj, Enaitz ....

So far I had only one case where I could not reach an email address.

Accounts with no posts have been deleted last week.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2010 10:09PM by guenter.

Posted by: slowbrain
Date: November 09, 2010 03:10PM

ok, maybe I am asking too much,
the problem is, I also forgot my username, I was going to look up my old questions, but just could not find a name I might have used,

So now I hope to remember this login and password but I want to use my original email address, since yahoo is very slow on my computer.

Is there a list of member names, I might look at and find my old questions?
I also wrote some short notes in German, since I assumed Guenter to be German.
But if this is not possible, I ask again, if I come across the same problems. thanks for the info anyway.
Vielen Dank.

Posted by: guenter
Date: November 16, 2010 09:09AM

slowbrain

So now I hope to remember this login and password but I want to use my original email address, since yahoo is very slow on my computer.

Is there a list of member names, I might look at and find my old questions?
I also wrote some short notes in German, since I assumed Guenter to be German.
But if this is not possible, I ask again, if I come across the same problems.

I can use an e-mail - there is a panel where I can search a user by his e-mail.

Send me an e-mail from the the e-mail account that the forum says - You cannot log in with this e-mail because it is in use.
OK?

All PPL that still have the e-mail that is in the Forum records can get their old ID back - those that have not or have used a fake e-mail address cannot.
That is how Dorian decided it - when Forum had lost some IDs passwords a couple of years ago.

p.s. I do not like posting e-mail addresses - it gives spamers a chance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2010 09:10AM by guenter.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.