please add this
Posted by: Serathas
Date: March 10, 2010 12:40AM

i just started to use this browser because i need a fast browser that doesn't eat all my memory, but i'd also like one which supports many tabs, and as this is based on mozilla, i hope i can use it, i'd love if it was supported to set the width of all tabs, like 100 is normal, 70 is 70%, etc

and i'd also like an option to be able to open all the tabs in a bookmark folder, so i can start reading fanfiction again, as i have many tabs open generally, but as firefox got really unstable after a certain update, i decided to try some new stuff, so please add at least the open tabs by right clicking on the folder they are in features, like firefox got (if you got a folder in the bookmarks section, you can rightclick on it to open the tabs, which would help as i got 350 tabs ready to get opened)

Re: please add this
Posted by: jsnj
Date: March 10, 2010 02:24AM

Serathas
i just started to use this browser because i need a fast browser that doesn't eat all my memory, but i'd also like one which supports many tabs, and as this is based on mozilla, i hope i can use it, i'd love if it was supported to set the width of all tabs, like 100 is normal, 70 is 70%, etc

Edit - Preferences - GUI Appearance - Toolbars - Tab Bar

Serathas
and i'd also like an option to be able to open all the tabs in a bookmark folder, so i can start reading fanfiction again, as i have many tabs open generally, but as firefox got really unstable after a certain update, i decided to try some new stuff, so please add at least the open tabs by right clicking on the folder they are in features, like firefox got (if you got a folder in the bookmarks section, you can rightclick on it to open the tabs, which would help as i got 350 tabs ready to get opened)

Bookmarks - Edit, select folder you wish to open, in the properties section give it a nickname next to Nick:. Do that for all the other folders you wish to open at once. OK out of the Edit Bookmarks window. To open a folder, type its nick into the URL bar and click ENTER or the Go button. Once all the links in the folder are opened, you can save it as a session, Sessions - Save session Then it'll be listed under Sessions to click with your mouse if you prefer not to type into the URL bar each time.

But 350 tabs at once is ALOT. I hope you have a TON of live memory.

Posted by: siria
Date: March 10, 2010 03:30AM

Just one thing important to know, opening a session closes first the current tabs. Unlike typing a nick and hitting enter, which adds the opened the bookmarks to them.

Serathas
as i got 350 tabs ready to get opened)

WHOA... Uhm - you sure there aren't any better ways?? From how many forums are they, do they not have a link like "Active Themes" or "Last postings" or such? Or click on a subforum title to see its threads in order by last posting?

Posted by: JamesD
Date: March 10, 2010 11:57AM

You could set up "Groups" of tabs. I have never tried a group as large as has been noted here, but it should work. See http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/KmmGroups2

Posted by: desga2
Date: March 10, 2010 04:45PM

This can not be possible with a single window instance of K-Meleon because K-Meleon have a 80 tabs limit by window:
K-Meleon Sources
#define MAX_TABS_NUMBER 80

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2010 04:46PM by desga2.

Posted by: Serathas
Date: March 15, 2010 02:08PM

where do i add that, and are you sure it's the right code?

Posted by: JamesD
Date: March 15, 2010 05:57PM

It, the code, is from the source for KM. You cannot change it unless you could build your own version.

This came up on an earlier thread. Maybe you can find it using forum search. I had forgotten the limit.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.