Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
bookmark menu missing
Posted by: bgaulke
Date: August 22, 2009 12:29AM

Hello,

This is my first time on this forum. I have what seems like a strange problem with K-meleon. Between one session and the next, my bookmark menu disappeared. How do I get it back again? I have version 1.5.3 of K-meleon on an IBM Thinkpad A31P running Windows 2000 with SP4 and update rollup 1. I uninstalled K-meleon and re-installed it with no luck. Also, I note that under Toolbars in the Preferences dialog the Bookmarks Bar tab is grayed out.

Thanks for any assistance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: bookmark menu missing
Posted by: HighThere
Date: August 22, 2009 08:10AM

I'm havimg the same prob.. Any solution?

Posted by: guenter
Date: August 22, 2009 08:18AM

Make sure that the bookmarks plugin is active. And all set in F2 > bookmarks preferences. Bookmarks, IE favorites and Opera Hotlist support is done by plugins.

Some menues only become active (black) when the feature is active. Some feature need a restart to become active. So if You made a mistake with a setting You will not see it before the next session.

Since K-Meleon 1.0 default location for Profiles is centralized in %apdata% de-installing the browser does not change the profile info. Intentionally create a new profile if You want the default settings of a fresh install.

p.s. If a k-meleon does not accept Your changes try to grant writing privileges to the profile folder. Sometimes OS does not grant them automatic e.g. when You de-select multy user support on install.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2009 10:04AM by guenter.

Posted by: HighThere
Date: August 22, 2009 08:22AM

Thank you.

Posted by: Mr Lapin
Date: September 20, 2009 07:10PM

I've found that (at least with KM up to 1.5.1 or 1.5.2) the Bookmarks item will disappear from the menubar if you have a very large number of bookmarks in the file. The number of bookmarks required to stimulate this feature ;-) seems to vary, but it generally doesn't happen until bookmarks number in the thousands.

Nothing is lost. You can still access your bookmarks with keyboard commands (^B, ^D). Only the menubar item is missing.

A workaround is to use the bookmark manager to create a new bookmarks folder, and move the excess bookmarks into it. Alas, you can select and drag only one at a time, so this process is rather tedious.

Or, simply delete your old bookmarks.

Restart KM and Bookmarks should again appear in the menubar.

Hope this helps.

Posted by: ramesh
Date: September 27, 2009 03:13PM

I AM USING K MELEON SINCE LAST 1 YEAR BUT I FIND THAT OCCASSIONALLY BOOKMARK MEENU DISAPPEARS, I THEN USE TO UNINSTALL AND AGAIN INSTALL THE SOFTWARE, IS THERE ANY METHOD SO THE DISAPPEARED BOOKMARK MEENU CAN BE RECOVERED?

Posted by: desga2
Date: September 28, 2009 06:57AM

Edit -> Preferences (F2) -> K-Meleon Plugins -> Netscape Bookmarks -> Check "Enable support for Netscape Bookmarks" option, and restart K-Meleon.

K-Meleon in Spanish

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.