Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
twitter problem(gecko 1.8 jquery sendback bug)
Posted by: javier
Date: August 11, 2009 04:55PM

Entering twitter.com and make a post in the field enabled for writing, typing of the characters is done very slowly. So slow that one finished, and even seen on screen as you write letters

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2010 03:29PM by disrupted.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: twitter problem
Posted by: desga2
Date: August 12, 2009 08:13PM
Posted by: guenter
Date: August 12, 2009 08:22PM

possibly server working to slow

- else c desga2's answer. Nothing this forum can help 2 solve.

Posted by: timtak
Date: June 09, 2010 09:28AM

I am getting this too. Twitter's character counting (java?) script is probably the problem.

There is no Tools>User Agent option. Since Twitter is so popular these days it is a shame that it is real tricky to use with K-Meleon.

Posted by: siria
Date: June 09, 2010 06:52PM

timtak
I am getting this too. Twitter's character counting (java?) script is probably the problem.

There is no Tools>User Agent option. Since Twitter is so popular these days it is a shame that it is real tricky to use with K-Meleon.

Sorry cannot help because I have no twitter account. In general it looks like most of such slow scripts work fine in the next KM version, KM1.6alpha, so there's hope ;-)

But wondering why don't you have the user agents menu?? It's in the default profiles, so either you have disabled it, or perhaps just overlooked it, or are using a very special KM version...? I did check in KM1.6alpha, and see it there too.

Posted by: disrupted
Date: June 09, 2010 07:09PM

there's a twitter xul extension twitbin that will help overcome this problem i think
uses the twitter api
download from kmext.sf.net (not sure uder which category)

also there's a much betwer open source microblogging service called identica http://identi.ca an api extension is alos available for it

for testing twitter
user: kmeleontesters
pass: fucktwitter

Posted by: timtak
Date: June 10, 2010 03:30AM

I will look out for the extension. Thank you.
Tim

Posted by: DH
Date: June 15, 2010 01:49AM

Twitter's script is terrible. It seems to only work properly on IE8 (barely), FireFox (if you have a lot of memory) and Google Chrome (which, being Google Chrome, has its own issues). I doubt that this is something that's fixable in K-Meleon, but don't let me put anyone off who's thinking of trying.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.