Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Wrong text selection
Date: July 26, 2009 11:26AM

After searching posts about this and finding nothing, though it's odd or then it may be an odd problem I only have.

Selecting a piece of text either inside an edit field or in the general part of a webpage is impossible to do. at least without selecting a lot more text, that if one was interested in a short line that has an address without link, makes it highly annoying.

The problem is that I click at the start of the word and drag, the selection begins a good way above the cursor, though to set the caret location within an edit field works right. The offset between cursor location when clicking and point where the selection will begin is not fixed and can vary, so depending on where it is regarding certain elements of the page (avatars, signatures, frames, etc) selection of the desired fragment may be possible or not.

AMD Athlon X64 5600+ 2GB RAM, Vista Home Premium SP2 32 bits.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wrong text selection
Posted by: desga2
Date: July 26, 2009 01:12PM

Can you post a link for example with your problem?

Can you post some screen capture of the problem?

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: July 26, 2009 04:26PM

I click with the caret inside the without word, after the i, drag to the t and all that is the selection.

Click to see image

P.D. - at the top right you may see the icons of grease monkey and noscript, however those have just been installed, this selection issue is previous to the installation of any addon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2009 04:27PM by Darth Dyslexia.

Posted by: desga2
Date: July 26, 2009 08:57PM

Work fine to me in Win2K, only 'i' and 't' letters of "without" word are selected.

K-Meleon in Spanish

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.