Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
pdf
Posted by: Bamboum
Date: July 11, 2009 12:09PM

I have Kmelon 1.5.2. and complete acrobat pro 9. Sometimes I can read pdf file within kmeleon window. Sometimes it completely freezes ! I must restart my computer. What can be the cause?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: pdf
Posted by: disrupted
Date: July 13, 2009 07:03PM

this sounds like a pdf plugin problem more than it being a kmeleon problem. the freeze indicates that some pdf files have not fully loaded..you can wait a couple of minutes especially with very big pdf files or that the pdf is not supported..normally missing language packs(like east-asian) or missing fonts. some users have found better experience with alternative plugins like foxtit pdf and for others the best setting is to view the pdf externally with its' default application instead of a plugin.. you can set kmeleon to open pdfs instead of using the plugin by going into edit>preferences

in preferences go to file handling, select by type tab

under by type, you should see pdf listed, select it and click the ;change action' button. and select download file or open with default application.

edit: there was a topic discussing alternative pdf plugins and programs but can't find it, try a forum search for pdf or foxtit

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2009 07:04PM by disrupted.

Re: pdf
Posted by: Bamboum
Date: July 13, 2009 09:24PM

Thanks for your answer!
Finally I get off the adobe plugin and install also Foxfit. It put its plugin in kmeleon repertory and now all is working well.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.