Bugs :  K-Meleon Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Re: Page doesn't work correctly
Posted by: JujuLand
Date: July 07, 2009 06:14PM

Me too,

after loading the URL, open Tools > Error Console

and you will see the reason.

The javascript of the page is bad ...

A+


Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/75.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr




Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Page doesn't work correctly
Posted by: disrupted
Date: July 08, 2009 12:01AM

the javascript is indeed messy and they also sniff for fireshit.. not only is klm a lousy airline, they have a very bad website too grinning smiley

before visiting klm, change useragent (tools>useragent) to firefox..or better yet, download auto agentswitch extension and add klm.com to the list of bad sites(badlist.txt)

http://kmext.sf.net/ext7.htm



p.s. make sure to tell them about the stupid browser sniffer in the complaint..and don't forget to mention that their whole flight attendants staff must be replaced. klm is airfrance's biggest mistake

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Page doesn't work correctly
Posted by: emil.sekula
Date: July 08, 2009 06:06PM

Tools -> Error Console - I see a lot of warnings but I don't know if they are related to javasript or not.
I have changed useragent to firefox but I have recognized that even real Firefox works better than K-Meleon in this mode.
Where should I unzip auto agentswitch ? Just to main K-Meleon folder ?
With KLM you are rigth. I have bad experience with them too.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Page doesn't work correctly
Posted by: disrupted
Date: July 09, 2009 12:09AM

yep, please extract in kmeleon's own folder using 7z or any other extractor that supports 7z compression.

the macro has been revised please download again
http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/forum/read.php?1,94701

the files agentswitcher.kmm and badlist.txt should be k-meleon\macros folder, restart kmeleon and select tools>?user agent>auto switcher

i've checked the sites you have problems with..they work without problems here..the javascript console just indicates problems with the site not necessarily problems with kmeleon displaying the website.. remember, kmeleon uses gecko 1.8, it's the exact same engine as firefox 2.0 and seamonkey so almost always; when a website renders differently on kmeleon than on firefox it's due to the website using a backwards sniffer and disabling functions when it doesn't detct firefox in the vendor strong..to fix that, simply change the user agent to firefox or when you're using auto agent switcher, select tools>user agent>add website and refresh the page, this will automatically add the website's domain to the badlist so kmeleon will use a firefox agent everytime you surf to it.

unfortunately, there are a quite few websites that still use ancient sniffers and there are always users complaining about that problem sad smiley hopefully one day those lousy sniffers will no longer be used.. if you like, you can send a feedback email to the website, explaining their browser sniffer inadequacy and refer them to http://geckoisgecko.info

Options: ReplyQuote


K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.