Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Windows Vista
Posted by: quilaztli
Date: May 05, 2009 08:08PM

Hi,

I tried to used k-meleon over Windows Vista, but I cant write emails in hotmail.com and gmail.com and aditionnally only open new windows but not eyelashes.
What can I do?

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Windows Vista
Posted by: Fred
Date: May 05, 2009 09:29PM

You change the user agent in Edit/Preferences/Privacy
to Firefox, to be identified as an accepted browser.

Fred

Posted by: reeko124
Date: May 06, 2009 12:56AM

My laptop has Vista and K-Meleon runs great in it. I didn't have the problems you did but I hope Fred's suggestion worked for you smiling smiley

Posted by: desga2
Date: May 06, 2009 07:23PM

Fred
You change the user agent in Edit/Preferences/Privacy
to Firefox, to be identified as an accepted browser.

Fred

Edit -> Preferences (F2) -> Privacy -> Paranoia, and change User Agent to Firefox 2.
or more qickly
Tools -> User Agent -> Firefox 2

K-Meleon in Spanish

Re: Windows Vista Crashing on 13th tab
Posted by: Vista Crash on 13th tab
Date: May 22, 2009 05:26AM

My K-Meleon 1.5.3 crashes (Not Responding) on Windows Vista SP1 Premuim when the number of tabs open reaches number 13. Please help..........

Re: Windows Vista Crashing on 13th tab
Posted by: disrupted(unlogged)
Date: May 22, 2009 01:38PM

i had a rare opportunity to test km on vista thanks to a friend with a laptop.. i tested 1.5.3 for tabs bug, tabs resized normally and opened about 50 tabs with out any crashes.. using same profile from my xp.. everything so far is working as expected.

i'm not sure why some are still having that bug..could it be related to vista "versions" ? or themese perhaps.. i tested on the aero thing only.. i am not allowed to fiddle too much on this laptop.

another thing i noticed is when using profile folder in root folder(profile.ini), setting couldn't be saved.. maybe related to rights since this os is a total paranoia when it comes to restrictions and permissions. when using default profile folder..settings were saved normally.

note on vista: i'd rather be on DOS

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.