Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Page Load Error after installing antivirus
Posted by: Steve
Date: December 26, 2008 06:31AM

I was browsing on K-Meleon a few minutes ago right before I installed Antivir, and now K-Meleon can't connect to the internet. All other browsers work fine. But I don't want to use Firefox. Please help.

Also, my bookmarks were gone when I checked them

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Page Load Error after installing antivirus
Posted by: guenter
Date: December 26, 2008 09:11AM

Steve
I was browsing on K-Meleon a few minutes ago right before I installed Antivir, and now K-Meleon can't connect to the internet. All other browsers work fine. But I don't want to use Firefox.

Also, my bookmarks were gone when I checked them

Some programs have lists and the lists only know other browsers.
You must allow K-Meleon in options or set the programs to learning mode so that they ask You whether this program is allowed.

I do not use Antivir - so I cannot give You more detailed info.

Bookmarks.html should be still there unless Antivir deleted it or put it in other folder? If deleted -> undelete with Undelete program. If moved -> search.

Did You look at bookmarks.html's physical place with a file manager?

Your bookmarks can be in another older Profile if some think crashed the browser.
Do a search after "Bookmarks.html" and open each with a browser.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2008 09:12AM by guenter.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: December 26, 2008 02:13PM

Antivir should not be a problem. I changed from AVG to Antivir a week back and every version of KM that I am running works just fine. I do not remember having to set up anything. I just installed Antivir.

Posted by: desga2
Date: December 26, 2008 06:11PM

I'm using Antivir for a lot of years with a lot of K-Meleon version without any problem. Check your firewall configuration.

K-Meleon in Spanish

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.