Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
not a bug, i just don't like it
Posted by: disrupted
Date: December 01, 2008 08:41AM

when using same profile for 1.5.x and latest 1.5.2. privacybar becomes visible in 1.5.2 (default setting is hidden). it seems older 1.5.x and 1.5.2 use different strings in prefs for this particular setting. annoying in tezting/comparison.. now i'll have to make a different profile for old 1.5.x. grrr

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: not a bug, i just don't like it
Posted by: JamesD
Date: December 01, 2008 02:03PM

@ disrupted

I took a look at the config files for 1.5.2 beta and 1.5.2 RC using "bar" as the filter and almost every setting that begins with "kmeleon.toolband." is different. I wonder if this is just for the RC version or is it going to be standard. Also most are listed as default in beta but as user set in RC.

I was able to get everything on just one bar by changing &Privacy Bar.visibility to false. I am still undecided about fixing the rest.

Re: not a bug, i just don't like it
Posted by: disrupted
Date: December 01, 2008 03:51PM

thank you james for testing.. hopefully it will be just the rc but if its related to new gecko engine then it will probably stay with the final version... it's very annoying because it's far more convenient when comparing between the versions to use same centralised profile instead of each their own.. this ensures that settings are identical.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.