Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Can't open the browswer at all
Posted by: Bearhung
Date: September 10, 2008 10:50AM

I re-installed my Windows XP recently and I was glad to discover K-meleon which quickly taken the place of default internet browser on my computer. I did have a happy time with K-Meleon while I continued to rebuild my computer - installing some more new applications, doing some tweaks to optimize the setting of my windows. But then I suddenly find out that I can no longer open my K-meleon browser. I keep seeing the message "K-meleon wasn't closed properly. Do you want to resume your last browsing session?", and my browser can't be opened no matter what options I choose (in the task manager the browser program just appeared for a brief moment and turned off once I entered my choice in the resume dialog box). I've uninstalled and then reinstall K-Meleon for several time,but unfortunately the problem persists.

Since I was in the busy process of rebulding the system on my computer so it was hard to identify what exactly I've done to mess up wit the browser. May be some technical guy can give me some hints, the last things that I was doing before my K-meleon stopped functioning was some windows XP tweaks according to the following site:

http://www.tweakhound.com/xp/xptweaks/supertweaks12.htm

Hope that someone can help. I really love K-meleon and want to carry on surfing with it!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can't open the browswer at all
Posted by: desga2
Date: September 10, 2008 12:20PM

Your profile is corrupted or you are using an uncompatible profile version.
Try to start K-Meleon with new profile in K-Meleon install folder with a "profile.ini" file in K-Meleon folder.

This also happend when you have a skin outdated or wrong modified in toolbars.cfg file.
You can changed your default skin in prefs.js file in your profile, search this line and change his value or delete to set Phoenity default skin:
kmeleon.general.skinsCurrent

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2008 12:25PM by desga2.

Options: ReplyQuote

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.