Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
blocking third party cookies
Posted by: keoh karakol
Date: August 30, 2008 04:02PM

The reason i continue to use Internet explorer which is so slow......Is because unlike firefox and k-meleon both of those browsers allow third party cookies to enetr your computer! In windows Internet explorer you have a setting that will allow first party cookies which letes you into every web site! And you have the option to block third party cookies only! This is why i use internet explorer only!I found this out while i was chatting at a web site called christian-chat.net in which while i was chatting away a third party cookie switched my screen to another channel! i was useing k-meleons latest browser and yes i had the setting set at accept cookies from site only.If someone would look at how well internet explorer has delt with this problem perhaps k-meleon could duplicate it! allow first party cookies...Block third party cookies.It is that simple! k-meleon does neither thus thats why i will stay with internet explorer

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: blocking third party cookies
Posted by: guenter
Date: August 30, 2008 05:09PM

Why did You post here to tell us? Stay with a IE if that is Your choice.

IMHO that site has found a way to work around K-Meleons software settings.
It probably uses JavaScript. Firefox, Flock, Songbird, SeaMonkey... and K-Meleon use the same standard compliant JavaScript Engine. They will fall for the same trick.

Internet Explorer 6-7 has a different script implementation (more prone fall for real attacks and not W3 standard compliant).

Alternatives: You could try with Opera. It also has a standard compliant JS engine & is saver than IE. Other possibilities to try are Safari or Arora. All these browsers have engines that are better and faster than Trident for IE 6&7. And maybe You can try IE 8 it is faster & better than IE 6-7, but has also more standard compliant implementations (& may fall for the trick).

Re: blocking third party cookies
Posted by: disrupted
Date: September 01, 2008 04:17AM

FACT:
you can block third party cookies only when you have accepted the cake in the 1st and 2nd party.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.