Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Online banking
Posted by: crabboy
Date: August 24, 2008 01:33AM

I do banking online (checking accounts with 3 banks). I recently upgraded K-meleon fron 1.1.3 to 1.5 . Finding 1.5 "not ready for prime time" (minor irritating bugs), I uninstalled 1.5 and installed 1.1.6 . Now I cannot seem to log in to 2 of my banks. I can do so sucessfully with Maxthon (IE shell browser). I've tried a few different user agents with no help. Is there a setting that I have missed?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Online banking
Posted by: desga2
Date: August 24, 2008 05:55PM

craboy
Finding 1.5 "not ready for prime time" (minor irritating bugs)

What minor irritating bugs? A lot of people named "minor irritating bugs" to problems with configuration in new 1.5 version. Some people thinks in bugs but really is that they don't know how config it correctly.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2008 05:56PM by desga2.

Date: August 25, 2008 12:15PM

One that comes to mind: the scroll bar reacts erratically.
l'l click it once and it will drop down 2 pages. Sometimes, not always. On some pages the "Page Up" and "Page Down" buttons work incorrectly or not at all. I had (have) no similar problems with 1.1.3 and 1.1.6
I had hopes that the implementation of real tabs would cut down on resource use, but, at least on my computer, that has not been so,
I've been a user (and fan) of K-meleon since 0.9 . One of the things I love about it is that it is so configurable. I set up each version to my own "specs".
I will continue to use 1.1.6 for a while, and try 1.5 again later, perhaps in an updated version.

Date: August 25, 2008 08:37PM

Please, can you test 1.5 in other installation folder (7z package without installation is available and with profile.ini file you use a new profile in folder to test) and sais us what web pages have this problems?

Problems can't be fixed if not be reported.

Thank you.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2008 08:42PM by desga2.

Posted by: Anonymous
Date: August 25, 2008 09:46PM

1.5 is a problem. 1.16 works really well.

What online banks are those? I know Bank of America uses the flash cookies and it's own website is really bugged so it takes 10 tries and sometimes having to enable flash (but sometimes not) to get a login to work.

Date: August 26, 2008 05:40AM

desga2
Please, can you test 1.5 in other installation folder (7z package without installation is available and with profile.ini file you use a new profile in folder to test) and sais us what web pages have this problems?

Problems can't be fixed if not be reported.

Thank you.

I'll give that a shot & get back to you.

I did do a clean install of 1.5, but I'll try the way that you describe.
I'm a big K-meleon fan, and I'm sure that the problems are temporary, or particular to my computer.

Date: September 14, 2008 11:04PM

Update: Used Revo uninstaller to clear out 1.1.6 and installed 1.5 again. Problems with banking sites seem to be gone (one problem was caused by flashblock. Running the login without flashblock allowed the cookie to store necessary information. Now I can log in with flashblock). A few sites are still hinky but I think that's because this is a non-IE browser. I can live with the small irritants. K-meleon is still the best.

Date: September 14, 2008 11:26PM

If you have problems with some page tried to changed User Agent string to Firefox in menu: Tools -> User Agent, and reload the page.

K-Meleon in Spanish

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.