Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
hangs up
Posted by: mrbig
Date: August 17, 2008 07:51PM

im starting to have a problem when i go to any website the 1.6 is hanging up in between loading and when to go to click a link on a webpage it just freezes ,,can it be fixed.ive ran virus scan adware scan im clean i guess ill go back to 1.5 it seems to be a bit better.any suggestions

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: hangs up
Posted by: guenter
Date: August 17, 2008 10:07PM

1.1.6 is the latest 1.1.x while 1.5 is the newest current version.
I suggest to use 1.5 anyway if You do not need Italian or Chinese translation which do not yet exist for 1.5 (1.6 would be a future version based on GRE 1.9 smiling smiley )

The version that hangs with no reason often is possibly broken (try reinstall).

That Gecko hang occasionally seems from DNS resolution on Windows. That is my impression anyway. This happens rarely. My solution shut down & restart K-M or TB.

Posted by: mrbig
Date: August 20, 2008 04:34AM

dont matter which one it still does it and i have dns shut off ionly run a huge host file inwhich i still have dns lookup on two different addresses but dns is stopped.i uninstalled 1.6 went to 1.5 and still does it.i will figure it out when i do ill post what i found.thanks

Posted by: guenter
Date: August 20, 2008 03:24PM

ok - hope You have success.

Posted by: Bill Igerent
Date: August 21, 2008 04:32PM

Hi,

I have the same freezing problem as Mr Big on v1.5.0.0. After working OK for a while, the screen just locks and the only way out is a system reset. On restart, after a short time it does it again. Reversion back to the old but very stable v 1.1 cures the problem.

Interestingly, after uninstalling v1.5.0.0 (the second time I also deleted the whole Kmeleon folder manually) I notice that, although v1.1 does not crash, sudden mouse movement creates weird cursor pauses and jumps. I have never had this problem before and have not installed the mouse gestures plugin.

This is not intended as a moan as K-Meleon is far and away my favourite browser and I’ve successfully installed v1.1 on many machines, particularly if they have Internet Explorer problems (who doesn’t?).

Regards, Bill

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.