Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
K-meleon shows old pages
Posted by: Bernt
Date: July 28, 2008 05:33AM

I have used K-meleon for some weeks. Since yesterday I have had the following problem: K-meleon has started to show old webpages of some finnish newspapers (at least two). That is, today on monday the webpage of saturday evening is still displayed. How I know that the problem is not in the pages? Well, naturally I tried the pages with IE7, also. Works normally, that is shows the pages of monday. Quite a severe problem I think, any suggestions? I use K-meleon 1.1.6.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: K-meleon shows old pages
Posted by: guenter
Date: July 28, 2008 06:14AM

Preferences > Cache > set it to Automatic or Always (I use Automatic it is the default - that makes that K-Meleon compares cache and net data & newly reads the html.pages of the newspaper from net not from cache when it is needed ).

I assume that You have somehow changed the setting to "Never" or the browser broke (which is rare but can potentially happen) and uses this setting without reason.

Greetings to Suomi from .DE

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2008 06:14AM by guenter.

Posted by: Bernt
Date: July 28, 2008 06:25AM

guenter
Preferences > Cache > set it to Automatic or Always (I use Automatic it is the default - that makes that K-Meleon compares cache and net data & newly reads the html.pages of the newspaper from net not from cache when it is needed ).

I assume that You have somehow changed the setting to "Never" or the browser broke (which is rare but can potentially happen) and uses this setting without reason.

Greetings to Suomi from .DE

Vielen Dank. The preferences were set on "automatically", but changing to "always" did the job. Strangely enough, the problem only occured for a few webpages, two finnish and one swedish, the rest were updated as usual.

Posted by: guenter
Date: July 29, 2008 04:09AM

Welcome. A done job is a good one. But I still wonder what is causing this for You :s

Posted by: zipster
Date: August 05, 2008 10:42AM

I'm havng the same problem with KM version 1.5.0b2 showing old web pages when I click on my Saved Sessions. The last version of the web page that was accessed shows up - not the current web page. Went to 'Preferences->Cache..' and played with some of the options but the old pages are still showing up. Version KM 1.5.0b2 looks different than the instructions that you gave for KM 1.1.6. Thanks for any help and you have a great browser.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: August 05, 2008 11:13AM

Try PREFERENCES - NETWORK/PERFORMANCE - CACHE. My 1.5beta2 is set on "When the cached page is out of date".

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.