Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Best way to save my bookmarks before upgrade?
Posted by: BluSkye
Date: July 23, 2008 05:02PM

Hrm. So I realized upgrading my K-Meleon erased all my saved bookmarks, lol, should have checked to see if that would happen but nooo I had to install new version over old one (tsk,tsk). Next time, should I just export to IE so I can import them into new version? Looking for the most simplistic way. I use K-Meleon as my default browser and only use IE if I run into a page K-Meleon can't read (which only seems to happen on one particular site I visit.) So all my bookmark saving happens in K-Meleon, when I installed new version I lost probably about 50 or so of them. No big deal, really, just a setback, kinda. Also, just for the record, I have NEVER had any problems with this browser other than that, I see tons of people posting about crashes due to memory leaks and whatnot? My K-Meleon uses about 1/2 the memory footprint my IE does. I placed a registry fix earlier this year that deals with the system dumping memory not being used by programs correctly (fix directly affects memory leaking software) and I'm wondering if something like this might help? I would prefer not to post it as it isn't needed on the newer OS (XP and Vista supposedly have this fix worked into the OS) and I do not think it would be harmful but I am not sure on that, lol.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Best way to save my bookmarks before upgrade?
Posted by: kko
Date: July 23, 2008 07:00PM

See my post here.

Re: Best way to save my bookmarks before upgrade?
Posted by: BluSkye
Date: July 23, 2008 08:00PM

Thank You. smiling smiley
Wow that guy was angry. XD

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.