Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
tab title
Posted by: vreak
Date: June 06, 2008 09:01AM

hello k-meleon users,

I've a little question: today I recognized one strange behaviour of tab title, when several tabs are open.

I had about 20 open tabs, and by clicking the first one, all other tabs shows me the text "K-Meleon". After clicking another tab, the origin tab-titles like home, news, www.dsss.., and so on turns up.

Does anybody had the same issue? how do I disable this?

thx
vreak

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: tab title
Date: June 06, 2008 09:35AM

hello again,

here is a little screenshot, to make a better view!

view screenshot

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2008 09:36AM by vreak.

Posted by: guenter
Date: June 06, 2008 12:33PM

The blue icons = K-Meleons default site icon - the other are favicons.

This tag will cause another icon to be shown if a favicon is present.
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico" />

p.s. Weitere Info und wie man es macht auf http://de.selfhtml.org/navigation/faq.htm , f3 und dann Favicon eingeben. Der Text beginnt mit: "Dies ist ein kleines Extra-Feature, bekannt unter dem Namen Favicon, das mit der Produktversion 5.0 des Internet Explorers eingeführt und mittlerweile von vielen anderen Browserherstellern übernommen wurde..."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2008 12:35PM by guenter.

Date: June 06, 2008 01:18PM

dear guenter,

thx for your answer.
the favicon does not matter do me. the problem is the text beside the fav icon (tab title). it shows "K-Meleon" on every tab, but these tabs are different sites and addresses. this only occur if I click on the first tab.

Posted by: desga2
Date: June 06, 2008 10:17PM

Hi vreak,
What version of K-Meleon are you using and what windows version?

I tried to do this in 1.1.5 and 1.5beta2 and work fine, all tabs are showed his title.

But i detected other bug in 1.5beta2 when you have cursor in URL bar and press UP or DOWN cursor keys, K-Meleon reload current page instead to move to next or previus URL typed and stored in URL bar history like 1.1.X versions.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2008 01:30AM by desga2.

Date: June 07, 2008 04:39PM

hello desga2,

I'm using:
K-Meleon 1.1.5
WinXP SP3

I would understand, if a page does not set the title tag, that k-meleon set a standard text to title the tab. but all my tabs show the same text. but anyway this "features" does not handicap me. maybe it will be solved in the next release.

have a nice day!
vreak

Posted by: Terry
Date: June 07, 2008 08:14PM

@desga2 - After putting the cursur in the url bar and pressing UP and Down - it performs as it is supposed to. It goes to a previous or the next url that was typed in with these exceptions - whenever about:plugins or about:config is in the list, it skips them. I am using 1.5beta2.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.