Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Crashing Issue
Posted by: casper
Date: January 16, 2008 03:08AM

I have been trying k-Meleon for the last couple of days & I think it's a great browser but I have noticed that sometimes when I start the program the menus & layers take up half the page then crashes, I was just wanting too know if anyone else has en-counted this problem as I find it quite annoying when running the browser.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Crashing Issue
Posted by: ronbu
Date: January 19, 2008 05:54AM

I had that problem too when I ran K-Meleon 1.1.3 with the browser pre-loaded on
Windows 98 SE. I since switched to SeaMonkey.

Date: January 19, 2008 07:29AM

I have went back too SeaMonkey as well I think that more work is needed before this browser can even keep up with other browser such as SeaMonkey & Firefox.

Posted by: desga2
Date: January 19, 2008 12:51PM

K-Meleon is a browser stable as SeaMonkey or Firefox.

@ casper:

You had found a litle bug, please document it to we can fix it.
We need more info as SO, loader, if you changed default menus or prefs, ...
Can you add some capture of the problem? Are showed error messages?

For example; ronbu says us that he/she use a Windows 9x and loader.

Some problems have been found in Windows 9x versions to old dll librarys versions.

@ ronbu:
Are you tried if problems happen also without loader?

Thanks.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: January 23, 2008 12:00PM

desga2
K-Meleon is a browser stable as SeaMonkey or Firefox.

@ casper:

You had found a litle bug, please document it to we can fix it.
We need more info as SO, loader, if you changed default menus or prefs, ...
Can you add some capture of the problem? Are showed error messages?

For example; ronbu says us that he/she use a Windows 9x and loader.

Some problems have been found in Windows 9x versions to old dll librarys versions.

@ ronbu:
Are you tried if problems happen also without loader?

Thanks.
Here are the details about the bug below:

-Running Windows XP professional.
-Using default k-meleon without the Layer bar.
-Had the Loader feature on.

I can't seem too get a capture of the problem but picture the icons being listed on the left hand site of the screen with a layer bar joined onto everyone of them with the normal menu on top, All 6 bars occupy half the screen in a down wood format.

I hope this gives you a indication of what the bug may be.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2008 03:21PM by casper.

Posted by: guenter
Date: January 24, 2008 02:31AM

@casper - my mail sterndaler@yahoo @com like Yours. get screenshots anthing. I have mail contact with Dorian... IF You can gather info that verifies a sure path to "call" and reproduce the bug. Then the bug will be sanitized within days. smiling smiley ok - depends on available time - but a sure way to reproduce is a save bet to kill it at the first chance. Dorian has all the tools and knoweldge to do the job & he only needs Your info as entry point.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2008 02:39AM by guenter.

Date: January 24, 2008 05:45AM

guenter
@casper - my mail sterndaler@yahoo @com like Yours. get screenshots anthing. I have mail contact with Dorian... IF You can gather info that verifies a sure path to "call" and reproduce the bug. Then the bug will be sanitized within days. smiling smiley ok - depends on available time - but a sure way to reproduce is a save bet to kill it at the first chance. Dorian has all the tools and knoweldge to do the job & he only needs Your info as entry point.
How do I go about getting a screen shot of the problem, It won't let me copy the image or do I have too save page as in the file menu?.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2008 05:46AM by casper.

Posted by: desga_2
Date: January 24, 2008 07:12AM

You can capture an application screen push key combination AltGr+PrnScr
This capture is in clipboard, you only need paste it with Ctrl+V in some graphic program as Imaging, Paint, or Word.
Capture is in .bmp format, this is a very big format, best is saved as .jpg format.

Date: January 24, 2008 11:42AM

It's all done I found a program called ScreenHunter & I managed too get a screenshot of the problem which I have e-mailed too guenter.

Date: January 24, 2008 11:37PM

print key & insert/paste into graphics program such as irfan view will do.

& thx - 4 next steps: Dorian will need: where U surfed & what U did! & feedback if it crashed @ other PC

p.s. alain's "new" spellceck works just fine - feature request: include in2 all new K-Meleon's eye rolling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2008 11:42PM by guenter.

Date: January 25, 2008 02:26AM

guenter
print key & insert/paste into graphics program such as irfan view will do.

& thx - 4 next steps: Dorian will need: where U surfed & what U did! & feedback if it crashed @ other PC

p.s. alain's "new" spellceck works just fine - feature request: include in2 all new K-Meleon's eye rolling smiley
I hope you got my screen shot which I sent too you by e-mail this bug happened when I opened up the browser for general surfing I only have k-meleon installed on the one PC, I had too start the browser several times before it went back too normal.

Date: January 25, 2008 05:08AM

I got it & next steps needed are as I tried to point out. My experience, the better we prime Dorian for the bug and how to invoke it - the faster he can get us a fix. & Our work time does not matter in this "equation" - we are many & only Dorian's time has effects smiling smiley - so You tell me and I try to crash my k-meleon at the same step & point.

that makes sure that Dorian does not chase a wild goose that is present only at one PC.grinning smiley & tongue sticking out smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2008 05:09AM by guenter.

Date: January 25, 2008 05:52AM

guenter
I got it & next steps needed are as I tried to point out. My experience, the better we prime Dorian for the bug and how to invoke it - the faster he can get us a fix. & Our work time does not matter in this "equation" - we are many & only Dorian's time has effects smiling smiley - so You tell me and I try to crash my k-meleon at the same step & point.

that makes sure that Dorian does not chase a wild goose that is present only at one PC.grinning smiley & tongue sticking out smiley
I would close & start the browser several times (I closed k-meleon from the file menu) too get the bug active I will also mention that the k-meleon loader is enabled, I have the loader setting on the third setting so I hope this helps.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2008 06:01AM by casper.

Posted by: ronbu
Date: June 18, 2008 05:46AM

I do not have the problem of it crashing with a large menu area when I am not using the loader. Also, I have switched to a computer with Windows Vista and I will get the same problem when using the loader after I have made a change in the preferences and I have closed the browser window but it is still preloaded and then I reopen the window.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.