Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Where did menus.cfg and macros.cfg go in k-meleon1.1RC2?
Posted by: Rapido
Date: May 05, 2007 10:06AM

Hi! I just wonder where did macros.cfg go in k-meleon1.1rc2? Because everything I had in macros.cfg and menus.cfg just vanished in thin air. Can someone please help me to understand this? Non of my customized things don't work anymore in K-meleon1.1rc2. I should say that I did a backup copy of my profile and i also made copys of my macros and menus and saved them in a safe place. But when I replaced profile nothing was there. So can someone please help me? I don't think this is a bug but don't know where else to put this.

Yours: Rapido

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Where did menus.cfg and macros.cfg go in k-meleon1.1RC2?
Posted by: Anonymous User
Date: May 05, 2007 10:41AM

It depends on if you choose in the installation to have multi users profile (selected by default). If you didn't uncheck it it should be somewhere in the doccuments and settings\your user folder.

If you unchecked it (probably you didn't) it should be at the usual place in k-meleon folder.

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: May 05, 2007 12:03PM

No, enaitzjar,

macros.cfg has been replaced by a folder named macros under K-Meleon root folder in which we found kmm files, containing macros.

These files allow more modularity with menus, macros and toolbar without, but their structure are a more complex, than the older macros.cfg. We can't make an omelette without breaking eggs.

We can now modify, add or delete menus, toolbars or macros without modifying the original files. It's really an improvement, but we must adapt the macros, menus and toolbars to make it work in 1.1. That's the price to pay ...

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2007 12:07PM by JujuLand.

Posted by: Anonymous User
Date: May 05, 2007 12:28PM

Oh my! I was probably drunken or something when I answered this ... I have to flash the BIOS of my brain because the automatic answering mode has to be updated to fit the new K-Meleon design.

My apollogies Rapido, and thanks Alain to wake me up.

:-)

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: May 05, 2007 01:50PM

You're excused ... it's the week-end :-))

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Posted by: Rapido
Date: May 05, 2007 02:20PM

How do I put in the macros I wan't then? Let's say that I want a pagespeedmacro to make the browser more powerful to me. where do I put the macro?

Posted by: Dorian
Date: May 05, 2007 04:09PM

Create a macros folder in your profile and put it in there.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.