Bugs :  K-Meleon Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
[.9beta4] url bar focus?
Posted by: ra
Date: December 17, 2004 12:55AM

Hi!

I'm missing URL bar focus on new windows. It's okay in beta 3.

I know the focus on the url bar caused problems for some people (scroll-wheel not working), but not for me.

It is good to be able to enter an address immediately when I open a new window, as that is often the reason why the window was opened...

user_pref("kmeleon.display.NewWindowHasUrlFocus", true); doesn't do anything (known, I know) anymore. So how about letting it change s.th. again, namely toggling between beta3's behavior and the one from beta4? Would be really nice.

[Or was this no-focus-in-url-bar-anymore problem caused again by making changes to the layout of the bars, just like it happened a few times in the past to me?]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: [.9beta4] url bar focus?
Posted by: jsnj
Date: December 17, 2004 03:57AM

I think Ulf removed it completely. He may put the pref back in again if an overall solution can't be found.

Date: December 17, 2004 07:12AM

I think Ulf removed it completely.

sad smiley

I really liked that feature in the latest builds before beta 4. It was just great like it was (for me anyway).

He may put the pref back in again if an overall solution can't be found.

I hope he does add it (again). Who can/will tell him? He doesn't seem to get my mails and I'm no dev-list poster. Switching between the way it is now (beta 4) and like it was before (dec 1/2) would be great.

I really think of getting back to the dec 1/2 build, as I'm just like thinking <censored> on every new window that I open...

Date: January 04, 2005 07:09AM

Is there a pref I'm not aware of? The known one doesn't give URL bar focus in RC1. :-(

Posted by: jsnj
Date: January 04, 2005 07:13AM

'about:blank' should automatically get url bar focus now. Aren't you getting that?

Date: January 04, 2005 06:28PM

'about:blank' should automatically get url bar focus now.

Ah, that's true.

Aren't you getting that?

I'm using a local homepage and have set K-M to always display my homepage on new windows (not "blank"), so I hadn't noticed that yet ...

It would still be cool if kmeleon.display.NewWindowHasUrlFocus would work. ;-(

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.