Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
stalls till other K-M windows load
Posted by: Nate
Date: January 07, 2002 07:55AM

Okay, I really like what you guys have done with this browser. I heard about it circa ver 0.3 ... well, i'm was re-introduced to 0.6 and I'm impressed enough. Hey, I'm leaving feedback...

When I'm using a browser, I _really_ like to multi-task, and I can only stand to deal with a browser that will work on loading 2 or more pages at the same time in separate windows. (Especially when I'm feeding my Ebay Addiction!) I can't get K-Meleon to work like that.

It won't even let me USE one window while another is loading! GRRR!

What's happening: regardless of how many windows are open, k-m has to finish loading whatever page I told it to go to before I can re-size, move, minimize, restore, etc., or scroll, click, load, goto, in ANY of the K-M windows that I have open, and I cannot switch to a different K-M window. (until the ONE is done rendering)
Basically while one K-M window is working on loading, submitting... anything; everything else "K-Meleon" comes to a halt. CPU use stays at 100% till that window's done loading, and even though other K-M windows are unresponsive, I CAN still do anything else on my computer.

Any thought on this? Any way to make each window independent from the others?

Oh - by the way, I'm using Win 2000, & 256MB RAM
of course ver. 0.6

Thanks...
Nate

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: stalls till other K-M windows load
Posted by: Rob
Date: January 08, 2002 09:01AM

i tried for over half an hour to reproduce this on win2k and couldnt. i tried on a high speed connection and on a dial-up connection, i tried two windows at once, three at once, four at once, i tried loading a really large webpage in one frame while browsing multiple sites in another or two, and the bandwidth seemed to be shared equally.

so in answer to your question Any way to make each window independent from the others? the real question is Can we figure out why it doesnt work for your, which may or may not have anything to do with KM.

Re: stalls till other K-M windows load
Posted by: po
Date: January 08, 2002 10:39AM

here's another possibly related thread:

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?f=4&i=1352&t=1299

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.