Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Netscape Plugin problem
Posted by: Nicole Simon
Date: January 07, 2002 02:19AM

As a result from the problem with the special line from the plugin which got my netscape make squares instead of normal special chars, I replaced everything to 'fine' html, means no special char like ü but their replacement: ü-

This works fine exept for the fact that in the toolbar folder I now have 'new' names.
Instead of Börse I do see Bouml;rse with an underscored o.

Is this a mozilla bug or one of the plugin?

Second it changed my 'Nicole Simon's Bookmarks' to just 'Bookmark' *htmpf*

Nicole

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Netscape Plugin problem
Posted by: Mark
Date: January 07, 2002 09:30PM

That's definitely the plugin's fault. It won't parse any of the special html elements like that. I suppose it could be made to just translate those.

The next version of the plugin will not write that "utf-8" line, though, so you will (hopefully) be able to use the special characters as they were. That's just a temporary fix, though, and I'll have to learn about charsets, encoding, etc. some to figure out the proper way to deal with this.

Re: Netscape Plugin problem
Posted by: Nicole Simon
Date: January 08, 2002 01:28PM

I doubt it will be gone because this is not a utf-8 thing.

It was my buggie links before (because they had no proper encoding).
If I do have normal links and start with k-meleon and made the toolbar it will be the same. It should be enough to just strip them to normal text for display if I see this right - There is nor will be any need for a shortcut to apear in this bar. Btw there it is missing: If you open the dropdownbox from this toolbar, neither of the actions has a proper keycombo ;o)

Nicoole

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.