Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
how people can vote never used K-M
Posted by: kks bisht
Date: January 03, 2002 12:22PM

Hi Friends,
I voted for the frequency of usage of K-Meleon. I was surprised to find that 21% people voted for 'Never.' How is this possible? They used it at least once to vote. Can anyone tell, how this figure was calculated?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: how people can vote never used K-M
Posted by: Nick
Date: January 03, 2002 06:07PM

I would hazard a guess the truer figure of people that have 'never' used K-Meleon was around the 6 billion mark - which would % wise be around 99.999r%

Nick

Posted by: Greg Bair
Date: January 04, 2002 01:37AM

Also, it could be people who just stopped by to see what k-meleon was all about.

Posted by: Harry B. Soletsky
Date: January 04, 2002 03:59AM

from a newspaper article which extolled its use, I downloaded it. Because of bookmark problems, I do not use it for any real browsing but check the forums to see what is going on. I note that many problems are mentioned on this subject but really no direct help for the problem if you;'re not that computer literate and cannot really get in to the guts of the program in any useful way. so basically except for checking the forums, I don't use K-Meleon. Unless, you have interest in writing software, I consider K-Meleon useless.

Posted by: Andrew
Date: January 04, 2002 01:29PM

Harry,

We are not ignoring your problems. We try and provide answers for as many of those problems as possible. However, not every problem can be fixed with the current version.

The developers are aware of the problems that you mentioned. Many of these should be improved or fixed in the next release. But, you should be aware that there are really only 2 people who do all of the coding for K-Meleon and they do that on their free time. So, they can't roll out fixes as quickly as we all might like.

Keep checking back. We'll convert you to K-Meleon in time.

Andrew

Posted by: sven
Date: January 04, 2002 01:51PM

For Harry:

You might reconsider one day. Mozilla has superb standards support which at times leaves IE far behind. Take a look at some CSS test pages:

http://www.people.fas.harvard.edu/~dbaron/css/test/sec090301
http://www.people.fas.harvard.edu/~dbaron/css/test/childselhttp://www.people.fas.harvard.edu/~dbaron/css/test/sibsel

First try those with IE and then with K-Meleon (that is with gecko engine). If you're developer then the difference just amazes you. If you're just end-user then it should really-really piss you off seeing which browser fails to display pages correctly (hint for the impationt, it ain't k-m/mozilla but go see for yourself).

More tests here:
http://www.people.fas.harvard.edu/~dbaron/css/test/list

The author of the tests has contributed to the W3C's CSS Test Suite so he clearly knows his business.

So for nice web browsing IE has yet loooooong way to go smiling smiley
However, it is *very* convenient browser, one can't deny that. It has many useful functions and it is easy to see why it's most popular. However, speaking of developers standpoint (which I am), Mozilla pretty much towers over IE in most areas.

I'm not saying one should use K-M exclusively for its not ready yet as a product, but its certainly doing nice progress in very right direction.

Date: January 06, 2002 11:43AM

Harry,
Speed is essence of Internet browsing, because it costs your hard earned money. And, time, too. This is where K-M beats other browsers. There are certain problems with K-M and develpoers, I hope, must be trying to eradicate them. So with the passage of time K-M will become a very stiff competetor to other browsers. I must thank and congratulate the developers for their effort and dedication.
Regards.

Date: January 06, 2002 11:43AM

Harry,
Speed is essence of Internet browsing, because it costs your hard earned money. And, time, too. This is where K-M beats other browsers. There are certain problems with K-M and develpoers, I hope, must be trying to eradicate them. So with the passage of time K-M will become a very stiff competetor to other browsers. I must thank and congratulate the developers for their effort and dedication.
Regards.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.