Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Weird problem with 0.6
Posted by: earthdark
Date: October 31, 2001 02:13AM

Hello,

K-Meleon seems to be unable to find its settings file on my system. It installs fine and then first time it auto-runs after isntalling, everything works. But after I close it and try to load the loader or K-Meleon, it complains about cannot find menu.cfg, acel.cfg, etc. etc. and even promtps me to enable/disable each plugin because it thinks they're new. I get this everytime I run K-Meleon. I haven't changed anything after setup so I'm not sure what it is. I get no menus, no toolbars, no right-click menus. Any help would be great.

- ED

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Weird problem with 0.6
Posted by: Andrew
Date: October 31, 2001 04:08AM

KD,

Did you have a previous version of K-Meleon installed?

Andrew

Posted by: Matthew
Date: October 31, 2001 04:17AM

Regarding that, I did and I didn't know I had to uninstall .5, but .6 works. Is there something that will go wrong?

Date: October 31, 2001 04:31AM

Matthew,

You might see some minor weirdness and K-Meleon probably won't pick up your previous preferences. If you aren't having problems then you don't need to worry too much.

Andrew

Date: October 31, 2001 02:39PM

No, this is the first time I've tried K-Meleon. I tried unisntalling 0.6 and reinstalling it but same thing happens.

- ED

Date: October 31, 2001 03:27PM

ED,

What OS and version of IE do you have installed?

Andrew

Posted by: Robert Allerstorfer
Date: October 31, 2001 05:10PM

Hi,

telleing K-Meleon which directory it should open to get its .cfg files etc. still is not implemented, although Jeff tried to but it seems there are some problems with the strange xxxxxxxx.slt sub directories.

I think, it would be helpful, if K-Meleon does not just say "Could not find menus.cgf" but also prints the full path to the directory it supposes it to be, eg. "Could not find menus.cgf in C:\Program Files\K-Meleon\Profiles\default\xy6o9gnc.slt".

rob.

Date: October 31, 2001 06:26PM

Andrew,

I'm using Win2000 + service pack 2 and IE version 5.50.4807.2300. I'm also using litestep as my shell but that shouldn't be a problem...

- ED

Posted by: Torgodevil
Date: November 01, 2001 03:37AM

I'm also having the same problem with having K-meleon finding the menus config. I am running a Windows 98 box with Korean language support. I have IE 6.

Date: November 01, 2001 06:04AM

Now that you mention, I have Japanese language support installed, but I've never had any problems because of that.

Posted by: Jim
Date: November 02, 2001 03:20AM

I have exactly the same program on 2 different computers -- one Win2K with Japanese support, and one Japanese Win98. I've tried installing the updated microsoft file mentioned in the release notes, but to no avai.

Jim.

Posted by: Torgodevil
Date: November 02, 2001 07:33AM

I installed the Korean plugin support from the Kmeleon resource page and it appears to have solved the problem with the missing menus. Looks like I have a new favorite browser to play around with! Keep up the great work!

Date: November 02, 2001 05:39PM

Ugh,

I tried installing the language support for K-Meleon.. still getting the same problems. And looks like this thread has drifted off into the "older messages" page...

- ED

Date: November 02, 2001 08:10PM

We're checking into it.

Andrew

Posted by: Myen
Date: November 03, 2001 07:01AM

Got the problem too, worked around it thanks to Torgodevil:

Platform: Win2k SP2 w/ IE6; system locale set to Chinese (Traditional)
Installing the language packs, then deleting the Profiles, Profiles-1, and Profiles-2 subdirectories in the install dir let me launch the thing fine. The profiles actually do get saved too.

So, earthdark, try killing the Profile dirs?

Date: November 03, 2001 12:55PM

Whoah,

After deleting the Profiles* directorties, K-Meleon works fine now, thanks for the tip!

- ED

Date: November 03, 2001 04:26PM

Myen,

Thanks for finding the fix to that! Much appreciated!

Andrew

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.