Form file input
Posted by: ]-[appy
Date: September 28, 2001 07:51AM

The form file input is not work in .5 please fix this "big" bug..

Re: Form file input
Posted by: Andrew
Date: September 28, 2001 11:28AM

Could you please provide an example that we could test?

Posted by: po
Date: September 28, 2001 10:00PM

if the reference is to "browse for file to upload" type widgets, i'm having problems with that, too... i'd give an example, but none of them are public pages... i'll see if i can find one that is.

Posted by: Tane Piper
Date: September 29, 2001 11:13AM

A big example of this is using phpMyAdmin. I like to be able to type my SQL into a file, then run it - but with this bug its impossible to do.

Posted by: po
Date: September 29, 2001 07:04PM

since i can't send a link, i grabbed a chunk of the code that seems to not work... maybe it'll help, maybe not.
Please select a local file to upload: <form enctype=multipart/form-data method=post action=upload-2.tcl> <input type=hidden name=filesystem_node value=*****> <input type=file name=upload_file size=20> <input type=hidden name=new_node value=*****><table border=0 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0><tr><td> <input type=submit value=Okay></form></td> <td><form method=get action=index.tcl><input type=hidden name=filesystem_node value=*****><input type=submit value=Cancel></form></td></tr></table>

what hapens is this: upon loading the page, the table renders incorrectly, and only the "OK" button is displayed; if i click on it, but mouseOut without releasing the button, the table re-forms and the "Cancel" button appears, but there is no textfield or "Browse" button, hence no way to specify a file path.

hope that works as an example.

po

Posted by: Mike Mitchell
Date: October 01, 2001 05:46PM

I can't send data to a site from a form on Ebsco's Academic Search Elite for example (epnet.com), click search, and get no response with K-Meleon .05. This is a javascript form I believe.

Date: October 01, 2001 06:04PM

Mike,

Can you share a URL or the path to get there?

Andrew

Posted by: ptr
Date: October 01, 2001 09:55PM

<input type="file" /> has never worked with kmeleon. It's simply not rendered.
Not on my system (win98, IE4 -> I also have the rebar-menu problem although IE4 has such kind of menu).
- ptr

Date: October 03, 2001 02:05PM

Unfortunately, this is a Mozilla bug:

http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=90749

To assist in getting this fixed, please register and vote at Bugzilla for this problem.

Andrew

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.