Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Kmeleon Crashing in Win2k
Posted by: garvin
Date: November 28, 2000 11:41PM

i'm trying to run Kmeleon .21 in win2k, and it does not work after the first time i run it. when i install it, the install is clean. i run the program, and it works for like a minute, then crashes. i assumed it was just the page i was loading, but i doubt it since it was like yahoo or something simple like that. anyway, after it crashed, i tried to open it again, and it wouldn't open. it just started to open, and after the windwos began to show up, it said errors occured, and the program closed. this happened in all subsequent installations as well. i'm not sure why though.

i am running Win2k SP1 with all compatible hardware. i installed MSIE 5.5 SP1 also.... would that do anything? thanks.

for the page that this browser did load, it was FAST.

Options: ReplyQuote
RE: Kmeleon Crashing in Win2k
Posted by: CM
Date: November 29, 2000 01:16AM

yes i have the same problem.....running win2k sp1 ie 5.5

Posted by: Noodlez
Date: November 30, 2000 09:39AM

same here sad smiley

Posted by: pl
Date: November 30, 2000 09:09PM

km runs fine on my win2k box :-)

Posted by: Knox
Date: December 01, 2000 06:02AM

same thing here...im running nt4 (SP6) and IE4 (SP2) and netscape (4.72)of course

runs fine ...but after the first crash i cannt restart the broser nor de-install it
i have do reinstall it then i works again (till the next crash)

Posted by: do i need a name?
Date: December 01, 2000 06:43AM

you can try replacing the dlls in the kmeleon folder from the same dlls from a mozilla nightly build

i dont know if that will fix the problem but it couldnt hurt to try

it fixed a problem i was having with mozilla crashing on certain sites
but i dont use win2k so i dont know what results youd have

Posted by: garvinc
Date: December 01, 2000 06:55AM

to : do i need a name?

hehe, which directory do you replace the dll's?

like which directory do u take the mozilla dll's from, and which directory of kmeleon do u place those dll's in? thanks

Posted by: Noodlez
Date: December 01, 2000 11:48AM

I went back and installed .2 and then installed .2.1 ontop of that, its working now, however I can't get anything to download useing it, but just surfing seems fine. I did have one crash, but it still fired right back up.

Posted by: do i need a name?
Date: December 01, 2000 02:43PM

well at first i replaced every single file that was the same with mozilla
and that works

but doing that with every file is tedious so i just did the main kmeleon ffolder and the components folder
that worked too

Posted by: mudboy
Date: December 01, 2000 03:27PM

Yeah, me too, Win2K, SP1, IE 5.5, NS6 final installed. P3/800, 256MB RAM, recently rebuilt and everything else is very stable.

Frustrating since I would prefer to NOT see AOL's new marketing platform but need to test sites in NS6.

Pete

Posted by: Jonathan Ah Kit
Date: December 14, 2000 11:20PM

Hullo,

Don't know if it'll help but thought I might say I've had no crashes...yet. I run Win2KSP1 with IE5.5SP1, P3-450, 128mb, the only other browsers being Opera 5.0 and some Win32 build of Lynx 2.8something.

One bizarre (but minor) thing however is that I was expecting M17 to be installed when I put on 0.2.1 last night, though M18 is not a problem for me of course. smiling smiley

I've had problems with sticky textboxes like the one I'm typing into here, and HTTP authentication not showing up, but I'll just have a look around to see if there's anything on it first... smiling smiley

Have fun,
Jonathan. smiling smiley

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.