Hotmail Site
Posted by: Gene
Date: August 22, 2000 04:51PM

Hello,
I have noticed that when I try to get to Hotmail.com the page will not display. Is this a shortcoming of the Gecko engine?

By the way K-Meleon is awesome! I just wish everyone turned out software in thig good of shape.

RE: Hotmail Site
Posted by: Christian Mattar
Date: August 22, 2000 08:20PM

Hi!
Technically, the hotmail.com issue is a bug in Microsoft's IIS5, which sends incompliant HTTP when redirecting to another server. While this is not directly a shortcoming of Gecko, the guys at mozilla.org will of course try to make their http-support more forgiving towards errors like these. It's a known problem and will probably be fixed soon.

Posted by: Eugene Barnes
Date: August 22, 2000 08:25PM

Hi,
Thanks for your response. I think that your Kmeleon is just to cool. So when Mozilla updates the engine are you going to then implement those changes too? Or are we going to need to update from them?
Thanks again for your answer and I appriecate you time and effort on this browser, it is real very nice.
Eugene

Posted by: Christian Mattar
Date: August 23, 2000 06:21AM

Hi!
Sorry, but I am no developer. I'm just interested in the progress of Mozilla, and read the Mozilla newsgroups regularly. But if you are interested in the progress of fixing this bug, you can add yourself to the CC-list at http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=48358.

Then, when the bug is fixed, you can download a Mozilla nightly build and replace the Necko-components (Mozilla's network library) of K-Meleon with the newer ones of Mozilla.

Posted by: Eugene Barnes
Date: August 23, 2000 05:17PM

Hello,

Thanks for replying to me. I am by no means a developer but I was just interested how a person would update the Necko componets of this program. I am sorry if my questions appear stupid just not very familiar with how Gecko fits into everything. Again thanks for your input and help.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.